- CorinneAsked on November 28, 2014 at 01:39 AM
Hi there, I'm a newbie and I have searched through the forums to see if a similar question has been asked and haven't managed to find anything, so I do apologize if this information does exist somewhere.
I have created a form for simple voting purposes of images.
Three images are shown and under each image I have added a 6 star rating. The idea is so that each person voting has a total of 6 stars that they need to allocate in anyway they like. I now need to put a condition on them so that no more that 6 stars can be used in total.
They could put all 6 stars on 1 image and none on the others or they could put two stars on each etc.. as long as they don't exceded 6. I need an error to show if they try to add more that 6 so they can't do it.
Is this possible?? If so can you help me set this up please. If this isn't possible would there be an alternative to doing something similar?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 28, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Thanks for asking. The trick is to include a Form Calculation widget in the jotform:
(See this guide)
then configure it similar to the following:
(Your star rating fields would have different names to those shown above.)
After clicking Finish to save the formula, you would setup a condition similar to the following:
The widget should be hidden from users by clicking its Properties icon and then clicking Hide Field:
The solution has been applied in this demo. If you would like more information on this or anything is unclear, please let us know.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Please see this guide on how to use our Conditions Wizard.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 28, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I forgot to mention that a Text element stating "You may not award more than six (6) stars in total." was added to the demo jotform
before creating the condition. Incidentally, its text was made red and bold by injecting the following CSS:
- CoruzeAnswered on November 28, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Thank you very much for your prompt response with instructions I could follow abajan!
Awesome stuff indeed - CHEERS!!
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 29, 2014 at 08:40 AM
Hey, glad I could help. I've had a look at your changes and they're fine but I thought the jotform could be tweaked even more. Have a look at this other demo and note the following:
1. The number of stars (hearts) for Grug were increased to 6 (unless it was your intention to have only 5 stars available for that one)
2. Due to the text stating that the form can't be submitted until all 6 hearts have been used, the "You haven't awarded six (6) hearts yet." text seemed redundant. So I removed it.
3. "You cannot award more than six (6) hearts" was made visible
4. The following conditions were substituted for yours:
Except for some styling changes, those are the most important ones. However, if you wish to examine the demo more closely, feel free to clone it.
- CoruzeAnswered on November 29, 2014 at 06:05 PM
Thank you for your input!
I feel as though I have struck gold. Not only have I found a website that is laid out in laymen terms, with pretty much any form that I could dream of, it integrates perfectly with webs.com!
The assistance to make it all possible is excellent and I am personally grateful.
I can't wait to create more forms because it doesn't frighten me anymore and I can get them out of the " Too hard basket".
Finally I will be able to set my website up the way I wanted it to in the first place and mind you the site has been running since 2010.
Thanks again abajan!
- CharlieAnswered on November 29, 2014 at 09:45 PM
In behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome. We appreciate all the kind words that you gave. We will continue to innovate and improve our services and products to give our users the best experience and functionality that they need.
If you need again an assistance or have other concerns, please feel free to open up a new thread here in the forum, we'll be more than glad to help you.