- jmtolmichAsked on November 28, 2014 at 07:51 PM
I have over 40,000 lineitems on my Application; City/State From dropdown menu. It keeps truncating around Chet. Is there a maximum number I can use?
LOVE YOUR PRODUCT!Page URL:
- CharlieAnswered on November 28, 2014 at 08:37 PM
We appreciate your continued support to JotForm.
For your concern, I believe this is because the dropdown list reached its limit. We usually do not recommend adding thousands of line items in the dropdown, this is because it might cause problems, like crashing the browser, when being viewed and processed in the user's end.
I would like to suggest the following widgets as an alternative:
1. Geocomplete widget- this lets your user to search for specific location and use them as field values.
2. Autocomplete- here, you can add probably more line items than the default dropdown list, I believe because this is a widget the request is being processed in the widget's server and won't have much problem if you have a long list of items. Although, I haven't tried adding 40,000 on it so I'm still not sure.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need more information regarding this.
- jmtolmichAnswered on November 28, 2014 at 09:01 PMGeoComplete a HUGE improvement over the way I was doing it. Thank you SO MUCH!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 29, 2014 at 12:49 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.