- MamaRedAsked on December 01, 2014 at 10:59 AM
For some reason I don't seem to be able to drag sections, etc. when working in the Chrome browser. It is, as far asI know, up to date.
Thanks for the help!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 01, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Perhaps this is just a browser cache related issue.
Please try this process.
2. Close the browser after
3. Open again the browser.
4. Login to your JotForm account using this link http://www.jotform.com/login
5. Go to your My Forms page http://www.jotform.com/myforms/
6. Select your jotform and Edit.
Now, check if editing the form still have the same behavior/anomaly as you have described before.
Hope this help. Please inform us if the issue persist.
- MamaRedAnswered on December 01, 2014 at 02:51 PMHey there...I'll see if this works...clearing out my cache right now must
be done very carefully since I'm doing a LOT of work on many things at the
- BenAnswered on December 01, 2014 at 03:13 PM
Yes, that is correct, cleaning cache could also disturb other things you do.
If you are working on many things in the same time however, the cache is very likely to be the cause, so I would suggest considering using few browsers (such as FireFox) next to Chrome.
- MamaRedAnswered on December 01, 2014 at 04:31 PMHey there Ben...thanks...it's kind of weird what's happening. I can, for
example, insert a new element on a form yet can't drag and drop it. Quite
weird! Once I get through this stage on needing to have my cache or I'll
drive myself bonkers with trying to find stuff again I'll give it another
shot. May also give it a shot on using an incognito window...think that
would have any effect?
- BenAnswered on December 01, 2014 at 05:36 PM
Yes, that should have its own secured profile loaded for use, but you will need to log in to your jotform account again.If it does not work by some chance do let us know how it goes once you try clearing the cache.Best Regards,
- MamaRedAnswered on December 01, 2014 at 05:41 PMHey there Ben...gave it a quick go, and nope, didn't work in an chrome
incognito window either.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 01, 2014 at 06:49 PM
Can you please confirm that it was not working only when using Chrome browser?
But if you used other browser like Firefox or Safari, or IE, you have now no issue editing in the Form Builder?
How about doing a reset on the settings of your Chrome browser? Can you also try this option?
Please inform us if issue still remains.
- MamaRedAnswered on December 02, 2014 at 08:51 AMThe editing functions work fine in Firefox...and for now at least I guess
I'll use Firefox since resetting clears everything I've customized to make
my work go more easily, including pinned tabs, etc.
- BenAnswered on December 02, 2014 at 09:12 AM
I am glad to hear that you are able to work on it in the FireFox browser. This means that it would work after clearing the cache in Chrome as well, but we understand that having certain setup and not loosing it is important, so please let us know if you have any issues in FireFox and we would be happy to help.Best Regards,
- MamaRedAnswered on December 02, 2014 at 09:21 AMThanks...appreciate it!
- BenAnswered on December 02, 2014 at 09:38 AM
You are welcome and as mentioned, we are here if you need any further assistance.