What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Questionnaire producing results equal to 0 when they should equal 35 - why?Asked by gcustudentsassociation on December 01, 2014 at 11:53 AM
I have created a questionnaire for students to assess their leadership competencies. I thought everything was running fine until I asked colleagues to test it. It has become apparent that if someone selects one answer such as "Frequently" or "Very Frequently" for all of the questions in a section, the end calculation for that section comes back completely wrong, e.g. it should be around 35 but it comes back as 4 or 0.
As you can see from the form, there are 7 sections. Each section contains 7 questions. There is a calculation field at the end of each section so that students can see their score for each separate section in the autoresponder. It is these scores which are coming back incorrect in the autoresponder.
I'm confused as to why these scores would be incorrect, as I have checked all the calculation values and everything seemed to look alright to me.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Our forms actually count the empty default entry as a valid entry as well. So your form is counting the calculated values starting with the empty field. Your values are: 1,2,3,4,5,0. The empty field has 1 associated with it, very rarely is 2 and so on. This also mean that very frequently is being associated with a 0 value. Simply add a 0 to the beginning of your calculated values and your setup should work as you expect:
When I tested the results, I was able to able to get the expected values from each field.
Let us know if making that change to each field does not allow for the expected results and we will be happy to have another look.
That seems to have done the trick!
Thanks very much!
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.