- ssking35Asked on September 27, 2011 at 01:41 PM
We need to have users submit web links in a form that goes to us via email.
We can sort of do this by using text fields and putting codes in the Email Alert
User contributed Links
But when the email arrives, it often has truncated links wherever there is a hash character, which is more common that I would have thought in URLs..
Is there any way to insert a field with an actual URL data type in a form?
Thanks much, Steve
(PS... related: can we give form users a rich text editor, like CKedit.. which could accept cut and paste web links ? - thnx)
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on September 28, 2011 at 09:30 AM
With regards to your question i have made a test in my form and found out that the submitted URL seems to be working well and doesn't contain any hashes. Here's a little proof:
If the problem still persist then we would love to hear your response.
- ssking35Answered on September 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Can you please post the html that is behind that email alert.
I'm having trouble making the submitted links clickable in the email..
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 29, 2011 at 04:20 AM
It appears that the problem is not with our fields but rather the email provider to which the notifications are being sent. I cloned the form in question (SGC Notebook Content) changed its recipient e-mail from yours to mine (a Gmail address) and ran a test submission. Here is a screenshot of the notification I received. The entire link submitted in each field was clickable when I tested it. So, if practical, I suggest changing the recipient e-mail of the form to a Gmail address.
Should you need further help with this any other aspect of our product, be sure to let us know. Our team will be happy to assist you however best we can.
P.S. Idarkteck, as part of my tests, I had cloned your form and did a submission but forgot to change its recipient e-mail address. That's why you would have seen a message in your inbox. Sorry about that.
- ssking35Answered on September 30, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Wayne, thanks very much for your test.. I think your are totally correct.. its something about the application that is receiving the Email Alerts that is corrupting the URLs.
The really interesting thing is: the URL links are fine in Emails if I switch Alerts to "text" mode.. which would work but then the file upload URLs don't show up right ..
so it seems for this app.. I have to have form users send in web links via text-based Email Alerts and upload files via HTML-based Email Alerts.. story of my life :) - Steve