- TMG2014Asked on December 02, 2014 at 01:52 AM
Hi Jot team support.
I have now completed my form but how do I stop the 0 fields showing up on the PDF. Essentially a person can enter any sport and at each stage there is a total which appears for each sport and then there is a grand total at the end.
As you can see from the image attached the empty total fields are showing in the PDF as $0, i have used the dont show empty fields but this doesnt seem to show for these totals.
- CharlieAnswered on December 02, 2014 at 08:12 AM
This is because the "Auto Hide Empty Fields" show only empty fields, in your form's case, it is not empty because it has a value of '0'.
What you can do is change all the default value of your number fields from '0' to none.
Here's the sample cloned form that I edited: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/43353794898979. You can clone it using this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Also, please do make sure that the "Auto Hide Empty Fields" is enabled in the Submissions.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance on this.
- TMG2014Answered on December 02, 2014 at 03:23 PM
Thanks for that, however when I go to your form the 0 are still included and when I followed your instructions, it worked and then I saved.
However when I submitted the form the 0 fields showed so I went back into the form and the 0's were re-instated in the fields again.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 02, 2014 at 04:52 PM
Please enable a 'Wait for input before including the field in calculation.' option the Form Calculation widgets.
It will help you avoid 0 values on these fields, and they will not be included into PDFs.
- TMG2014Answered on December 02, 2014 at 09:36 PM
Thanks for your response, I have instigated what you have done above but still getting 0 fields appearing in the client PDF. (see attached image)
Essentially what I have done is:
1. I have clicked into the DEFAULT RESULT for all of the calculations and removed the '0' and left it blank and pressed OK.
2. I have also completed what you mentioned above by checking all the calculation fields with "Wait for ..."3. I have saved the form and when I preview the 0 reappear in the caculation fields and now I find that some of the fields in events are not calculating correctly I tried checking the box under TRIATHLON/DUATHLON and the total field appears blank and hence wont calculate to the grand total on the final page.
Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated :)
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on December 03, 2014 at 03:34 AM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
Lets try to address issues one by one. The solution for your PDF issue is to remove the zero from the "Default Result" of calculation widget.
I am not sure but there seems to be some issue where the default result is reset to zero when the form is loaded again. It does removes the zero when we change the property of calculation widget but when the form is loaded in the editor again, the zero reappears.
I am reporting it to our back end team to find out if this was intentional. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update form them.
- TMG2014Answered on December 03, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Thanks ashwin appreciate that.
- TMG2014Answered on December 04, 2014 at 02:43 PM
Any news on the issue above, my client is eager to go live as soon as possible.
Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regards
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 04, 2014 at 05:08 PM
The ticket was marked as nice to do. However, we can not provide any ETA for when this will be fixed.
You might still consider using the 'Wait for input before including the field in calculation.' option on some calculation fields. It should not add any value to the field unless related fields (used in particular calculation widget) are filled.