JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to set up only charge first item for shipping and additional item for free shippingAsked by jntsou on December 03, 2014 at 06:14 PM
How to set up only charge 1 item and when my customer order 2 or more it will be free shipping?
charge shipping free
It seems that it is not possible with the "Shipping" option. But we can do a workaround for it, instead of using the Shipping option, we'll just use custom options in the product and special pricing. Here's what I did.
1. I remove the values in the Shipping cost.
2. I edited the product name to "1. Blue Whale $14.50 + $5 Shipping" to inform the user about the flat rate shipping cost. Then click the "Quantity" property because we want to edit the price value there.
3. I added a text "Free shipping" in the "2" quantity to inform the user that when they select it, shipping is free. Enable the "Special Pricing".
4. Now we want to add specific prices, if Quantity "2" is chosen, price is $14.50 x 2 = $29.00 (no more shipping cost), if Quantity is "1" price is $19.50 (this is with shipping cost).
5. You can find the sample cloned form on how it will look like here:
I know this is only a workaround, but I hope this helps or at least gives you an idea on how to proceed. Let us know if you need further assistance on this.