- angieroyAsked on December 04, 2014 at 11:50 AM
We are in the process of having a customer database built. We currently use your forms to allow our clients to submit quotes to us online. is there a way for our developer to connect our jotform with the new database that is being built. Our goal is to allow our clients to register or log into their accounts and have their information auto populate instead of them having to fill out a new jotform for each new service request they may have. thank you so much for reply back.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 04, 2014 at 12:38 PM
You can automatically POST your submissions to your database upon completion. Here is our guide on how to do so:
However pulling data from the database to populate your form is a bit more work. If you have the programming resource, you can create a custom program using server side programming like PHP to create an interface/connection to pull data from your database to the form fields. You will also need to use the form's full source code then.
As an alternative process, if the objective is to be able to pre-fill the form fields with data or pre-populate the form submission's data with data from external data source.
You can try this 2 Apps
1. Field Prepopulator -- you can pre-populate the form fields before you can let the users use the form.
2. Import Data App -- what it does is, you can directly fill your form's submission database with data from external data source like flat file CSV or Excel format. So, from your own database,you can export the data from there into CSV for example, then use this App to import it into the form submission.
Hope this help. Inform us if there is more we can help you with.
- angieroyAnswered on December 04, 2014 at 01:29 PM
Thank you! ;-)
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 04, 2014 at 02:35 PM
You are very welcome! Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you and we will be happy to help.