- mollygargAsked on December 04, 2014 at 04:30 PM
Hello, I am trying to create my contract using this service. I have added the required fields and have added the agreement language in a text box. When I preview it, this text box is completely blank. Help!
- BenAnswered on December 04, 2014 at 05:32 PM
Just to confirm did you mean that you would like to add the default text to be shown to the people filling out the jotform?
Now if you would like to show some text that the users should agree to, but not edit, I would suggest placing it in the Text tool, found under the Form Tools.
- mollygargAnswered on December 04, 2014 at 06:11 PMYes, I added custom text to my form. I have pasted it, it shows up, but
then when I preview it does not.
- mollygargAnswered on December 04, 2014 at 06:11 PMGot it-- thank you! I guess I didn't realize the difference bt "text" and
- BenAnswered on December 04, 2014 at 06:37 PM
You are welcome. I see that you have already made the change on your jotform and it looks great :)
Now, just to add in case you need it later on. You can add default text to textbox and textarea, but in the last 2 the people on your jotform can remove it or change it to their liking. I had recommended the Text field since I believed that it is the one that you were after (to show them text, but not allow to edit).
To add default text into the Text Box or Text Area just click on them and then enter the text after clicking on the Default Value button in the toolbar.
Do let us know if you have any further questions and we would be happy to help.