- antoniooiAsked on December 10, 2014 at 05:36 AM
I was very frustrated with the new form designer due to the following reasons:
1. It changes the entire layout of my form (all fields automatically stretched to FULL LENGTH) when I just want to edit my button style. It changes my form background color to white color, which I didn't instruct it to do so.
2. It added so many CSS codes that I do not need. I just want my form to support desktop view, not mobile view. When I remove those codes, I lost my desired button style.
It seems like JotForm is forcing everyone to use the new form designer now, which is not working as intended. I wonder if I can switch back to the old form designer, including the button style designer?
- CharlieAnswered on December 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM
I apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing right now. The form Designer was created to let users to make basic to advance form designs.
I would like to suggest that you check this guide we have on how to use the Form Designer, Form Designer Tutorials.
Regarding your concern, unfortunately, I believe that we can't switch to the old designer. These are the following options and settings that we have in Form Styles
We can also assist you on specific issues or problems that you are having in building your form, you can just open up a new thread here in the forum, please do take note that we encourage you to open one topic per thread so that we can focus on them better.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need more information regarding this.
- antoniooiAnswered on December 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Need your clarification here:
1. On toolbar, when clicking on Button Style button, it opens the new Form Designer instead of the old button style selection screen -- Is this a bug?2. In the Form Designer, when I simply change the button style template and save changes, it changes my form background color to white and stretches all my fields to FULL LENGTH even with the responsive layout UNCHECKED -- Is this a bug?3. Are you defaulting the form layout to mobile form layout (responsive design) without respecting the user's choice as long as the user is using the Form Designer?
Appreciate if you can clarify the above. Thank you.
- CharlieAnswered on December 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM
1. On toolbar, when clicking on Button Style button, it opens the new Form Designer instead of the old button style selection screen -- Is this a bug?
I believe this is not a bug, the Form designer is the upgraded version of the previous form styling that we have, that's why it directs you there.
I've as mentioned in my previous post, to better assist you, I've created separate threads for your other concerns, please refer to the links below for an update and response.
Thank you for understanding.
- antoniooiAnswered on December 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I was giving you the REASONS why I want to switch back and expect you guys to resolve my REASONS in order to answer my switch-back request -- what's wrong with this post? So how you make me drop the idea of switching back to the old designer depends on how you resolve my REASONS to switch back -- what's wrong with this post?
I'm getting tired with your JotForm's bugs to be honest. We're not the forum posting machines you know? It's OK, to solve or not to solve just up to you guys. I have no much time and energy to keep visiting and posting on your forum.
Good luck to JotForm and Merry X'mas to everyone!
- CharlieAnswered on December 10, 2014 at 01:09 PM
My apologies for the trouble that you are having right now. I do understand that you want to switch to the old form designer. I was suggesting alternatives and possible solutions, as to switching may not be possible right now. But I can escalate your concern to our upper management so that they can take a closer look at your request.
Again, my apologies.
Thank you for understanding.
- antoniooiAnswered on December 10, 2014 at 11:18 PM
If your new form designer is too "greedy" but not working as intended, you better revert it back to the old one for Christ sake!
- JotForm SupportsteveAnswered on December 11, 2014 at 04:42 AM
Thank you for the feedback. I have passed it on to our development team.
The Form Designer is the way forward with JotForm. Rather than support two methods of designing one's forms, we'll just have one. We will fix and improve any issues with the form designer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
- antoniooiAnswered on December 11, 2014 at 05:07 AM
Yeah... maybe need to wait for AGES for it to be fixed..... It's OK.... whatever....
- CharlieAnswered on January 08, 2015 at 09:28 PM
We appreciate your feedback in our form designer, I've created a separate for your own concern so that we can assist you better. Please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/contact/