- Robert74Asked on September 30, 2011 at 08:14 AM
Hi i have 2 forms. the first collects name and email and the second their mailing address.
when they submit form 1 it pre-populates a hidden field in form 2, so when they submit form 2 i have all the information in one place.
when i export form 2 all the information comes out well except for the appended information, it is just a bunch of '#'.
the reason i do it this way, is so when people abondon after part 1, i still have their name and email.
please help. I need to have this information entered every day.
thank you in advance,
- allanftdAnswered on September 30, 2011 at 08:59 AM
The bunch of ###'s appear when the column width is too small to display all of the contents of a cell. To resolve this, do the following:
1. Open the excel file and drag the line on the right side of the column with the ###s to the right as shown below:
2. Release it and you will notice that the ###s is now replaced with the correct data like the one shown below:
Please try the above steps ans let us know if it works for you or not. Thank you and have a great day!
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 30, 2011 at 09:18 AM
To add to what my colleague has stated, I notice that in the hidden field of Form 2 you have used PHP's short tag instead of the standard opening tag. This practice is not recommended because it is known to cause problems in some circumstances.
- Robert74Answered on September 30, 2011 at 09:28 AMThank you for the reply.
What would you suggest I use or do?
Thanks for any help,
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 30, 2011 at 09:37 AM
Hi again Robert
Try changing the content of the hidden field to this and let us know if it helps. It's just a hunch.