- cbsfoodprogramAsked on December 12, 2014 at 01:42 PM
We are experiencing an interesting problem. 3 out of 5 computers are unable to download the PDF form submissions from any of our created forms. There is no error given when trying to download it just is unable to download the file. The issue is the same as this thread that I found on the jotform support forums : http://www.jotform.com/answers/253388-Cannot-download-2-PDF-files-out-of-11-uploaded-PDF-files
I have tried multiple browsers, clearing cache and cookies, logging on to my PC with administrator rights and without admin rights, and nothing has solved the problem. It is strange that it is working fine on some computers and not on the others. Are there minimum specs? Do I need a certain plugin?
I am trying to avoid the dropbox workaround as listed in the forum.
Thank You in advance for your response.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 12, 2014 at 02:34 PM
This does sound very odd. There should be no minimum specs to download and use a PDF of your submissions. The only thing required is a PDF viewer such as adobe acrobat. Adblock or some other sort of software may be preventing you from downloading the PDF, though I use several such add on and I am still able to download PDF's of my submissions without issue.
- cbsfoodprogramAnswered on December 12, 2014 at 02:51 PMHi. Thank you for your response. The pdf download error is happening when I use the url for one of my "public" forms. However, if I am logged into my main account then use the public url for submissions it works fine. It seems many other users are having a similar issue. Please let me know.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 12, 2014 at 03:03 PM
I am not sure if I am understanding you correctly. Are you downloading the PDF of your submissions through your JotForm account?
Or are you trying to download PDF's that are attached to your submissions? Also, if you are trying to download either of these from anywhere other than your account, please let us know the specific URL you are trying to download them from.
- cbsfoodprogramAnswered on December 12, 2014 at 04:31 PMHi,
I have a public page to view the submissions...
https://www.jotform.com/submissions/41913888060964?/ ... the password is
When i log into this public page i am unable to download a PDF using the
"get PDF button" .. I have attached a screenshot of what it appears the
browser is trying to save... it appears to be trying to save a URL of some
sort instead of the actual PDF.
However... If i am logged into my main jotform account where I can view all
my forms and make changes and all.... I can download the PDF files on both
the main login and on the public URL. It seems the "Get PDF" button is
pointing to something incorrect when on the public submission page without
being logged into the main account.
[image: Inline image 1]
On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM, JotForm Support Forum[firstname.lastname@example.org]
- BenAnswered on December 12, 2014 at 05:58 PM
We have reported this issue to our developers, but I will open a thread for this here as well.
Please in the mean time use http://www.jotform.com/submissions/41913888060964/ instead of the URL you have given above. The only difference in it is that this new link is not using HTTPS, but HTTP protocol instead which allows you to download the PDF files even if you are not logged in.
Once the issue is fixed, our developers will be updating you through this thread.
- cbsfoodprogramAnswered on December 15, 2014 at 10:41 AMhi.. am trying to use the http instead of the https but I am unable to do
that as my browser defaults to https everytime. please advise.
On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM, JotForm Support Forum[email@example.com]
- BenAnswered on December 15, 2014 at 11:52 AM
This could be caused either by addon in your browser that redirect to HTTPS version every time when available or by the browser history and suggestions feature which shows the HTTPS link for you.
To avoid the browser history and suggestions feature please try to:
1. copy the link in with the https and
2. paste it in a notepad or any other plain text such editor that you like to use and
3. change the URL there.
4. Once you do that you can copy this new link,
5. close the tab with the HTTPS link and
6. open a new tab and
7. paste the HTTP link.
If you are still redirected then this is caused by some addon.
If you are shown the HTTP page instead of HTTPS, then the issue was with the browser features.
Alternative is to remove the HTTPS part completely so that the URL starts with www instead, like so: www.jotform.com/submissions/41913888060964/ this would be interpreted by browsers as a HTTP request while it could also save you from copy pasting it.
Do let us know how it goes.
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on December 15, 2014 at 08:00 PM
The PDF download issue has now been fixed so you should now be able to download your submissions correctly.
Thank you for your patience.
- cbsfoodprogramAnswered on December 15, 2014 at 08:11 PMthank you.
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM, JotForm Support Forum[firstname.lastname@example.org]
- raulAnswered on December 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM
On behalf of my colleagues, you're welcome.
If you need additional assistance, feel free to open a new thread.