- MNWOConfAsked on December 16, 2014 at 04:50 PM
The print preview button on any of my forms has stopped working so I can't print anything?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 16, 2014 at 05:33 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Are you referring to the Print Form buttons on forms?
I have just tried the print button on some of your forms, and I was not able to reproduce any issues.
Of the issue still persists, please let us know.
- MNWOConfAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 07:21 AMYes – all I get is ‘print preview failed’ and then there is nothing. It is like this on all of the forms. Much thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 09:15 AM
I have just cleared your forms cache. Please check it again and let us know if the error is still there. Also, try it with another browser.
- MNWOConfAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 09:21 AMStill won’t work. Have been using Chrome – switched browsers – it goes directly to print (does not display print preview) and when it prints – I get a garbled screen of the form and the background all mixed together.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 10:57 AM
As I understand, you are getting an error "Print Preview Failed" right? I was not able to replicate your issue. It works fine on my end.
Please try to do Ctrl + P in Chrome. You can also go to menu at the top right then click Print.
Please clear your Chrome browser's cache (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en)
Please try disabling any suspicious extensions in Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/187443?hl=en)
If the issue still happens, then you can uninstall and re-install Google Chrome.
In Mozilla Firefox, you can do a Print Preview by clicking the "Open Menu" then "Print" button.
Are you able to print a word document, any documents in other programs?
- MNWOConfAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 10:43 AMHello again,
The ‘print preview failed’ message is still appearing. I had our IT person try and solve this but it appears that it is a Jotform error. He did all of the suggestions that you had sent previously. We have found a way around it at this point.
When we click on a registration form – instead of going to inbox – go to submissions and then click on the “go to pdf” button at the top and it will allow you to print the information – one registration at a time – or if you want to print all of them once – then click on the ‘go to pdf’ button at the bottom and it will print all of the registrations at once.
Hope you are able to correct this problem soon.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Our apologies for the delayed response. We have a system problem that prevented your reply from coming into this thread in time and it's just posted today.
We're glad that you've managed to find the workaround by going to submissions page and printing the submissions from there. And I have just tried printing the form again, but the error doesn't seem to appear now. Can you please check and confirm this?