- SamSelleryAsked on December 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM
- ShadaeAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 01:39 PM
We would have to do the change for you if you would like to change your username. You can request to have your username changed and provide us with your desired username. We will make the change for you if the name is available and inform you if it is not.
I must let you know that if we change your username, your forms will no longer be accessible over your custom URL (the URL that shows your username), only over a direct link.
Please provide us with the username that you would like to change it to.
- SamSelleryAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 02:01 PMOnly one of my forms is live and would be very easy to recreate. My hope is that a new username is generated therefore change the URL look. Example: current url for my forms is something like http/:jotforms/12345/samsellery/custumname.com.
If I request the change the only part of that example that would change is the ‘samselley’ part right? And if none of my forms are currently life (except for one I’m not concerned about), when I go to make them live I’d see something like… http/:jotforms/12345/newusername/custumname.com. right?
If you can ensure my this is true AND that I WILL NOT lose the forms I’ve created then I will go ahead and request the change.
Please confirm I’m correct first, thx!
- KadeJMAnswered on December 17, 2014 at 04:18 PM
When we change your username it would only change the username part itself to a different username of your choosing. Also, no you would not lose any of your existing jotforms or data. I can additionally confirm that for your custom url it would change only the username when reapplied.
Custom Form A "http://www.jotform.com/usernameA/formA" when recreated would become Custom Form B "http://www.jotform.com/usernameB/formB" depending on your new username and the new custom url that you name it.
- SamSelleryAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 01:31 PMOK, thank you for this explanation, can you change my username from samsellery to selleryportfolios please?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 02:45 PM
The username "selleryportfolios" was indeed available. I went ahead and made the change as per your request.
Let us know if you have any further questions and we will be happy to help.
- SamSelleryAnswered on December 24, 2014 at 12:30 PMHi,
I need some help. I want to set up a form that required a prospect to enter contact information and submit it to then have the ability to see proprietary information.
Example: prospect enters their name and email address, then using conditions the submit button appears. Where I'm stuck, (or what I'm looking for is), upon the prospects submission, using conditions, additional proprietary data of mine appears, like investment rates of return, etc. (I'm in the financial field).
Does that make since? Is there a way to present data on the same form once a submit button has been pushed?
PS - Jotforms is an amazing tool, very thankful for it!
- KadeJMAnswered on December 24, 2014 at 01:03 PM
You've asked an unrelated follow-up question that is separate from your original thread here so I have moved this to a new thread.