Postal Code Search: When a submission is being edited, sometimes the captured information is not populated in the widget

  • Profile Image
    Asked on December 17, 2014 at 04:03 PM


    Quite often when editing DB records the data of the widget "search for postal code" is erased although we do not enter the field which is very annoying when you need to update the data regulary.

    If you have any fix for what I see as a bug, we would be gratefull.


  • Profile Image
    Answered on December 17, 2014 at 06:35 PM

    I was able to reproduce the issue on my side, so I'm sending this thread to our back end so they can take a look at it and see why this is happening.

    Please allow them some time to evaluate the issue and when an update regarding this matter shows up, you'll be notified here.

    From my testing, I found that this happened for unread submissions and I was able to identify this because the captured information in the widget was not populated when I first opened the submitted form. In this cases, what I did was to click on the Cancel Edit button and then opened the submission in Edit mode again and the information got populated in the widget.

    Hope this workaround works on your side too.

  • Profile Image
    Answered on March 03, 2015 at 09:42 AM


    Kindly check if you are still experiencing difficulty with editing form responses on the Postal Code Search Widget. 

    It looks good from our end - but let us know if you find any issues. 


  • Profile Image
    Answered on March 05, 2015 at 10:48 AM

    Hi TitusN,

    We are note experiencing any data disappearance anymor although it happens sometimes that the end user just cannot enter thePostal Code at registration time so if you could investigate it would be great.



  • Profile Image
    Answered on March 05, 2015 at 12:13 PM

    Hello Georges,

    I am glad to know that primary issue related to "Postal code search" is resolved. 

    I did test the latest issue you have reported and I am unable to replicate the issue you are having. I did test the widget in multiple browser and it seems to work fine. 

    I would suggest you to test again and get back to us if the issue persists by creating a new thread. You may also like to let us know with which browser you are having this issue with and if the issue is related to any embedded form. 

    Thank you!