- reyamismmAsked on October 02, 2011 at 12:56 AM
- allanftdAnswered on October 02, 2011 at 01:40 AM
Thank you for your message. You can use multiple text boxes by following these steps:
1. Insert a Text Box field found under Form Tools.
2. Go to Properties tab of your toolbar and click Size to change the size of the Text Box field to 4.
3. Click the Gear icon on the top right corner of the Text Box field and select Shrink.
4. Click the Gear icon again and select Duplicate this time.
5. Repeat step 4 three times to create four Text Boxes side by side.
Please visit this form for a demo of the resulting form - http://www.jotform.com/form/12724654398? .
We hope you find this information useful. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- reyamismmAnswered on October 02, 2011 at 02:08 AM
Thanks for the support Allan. What appears in your demo form is exactly what i am looking for.
But when i shrink the first field, the label n field appear one below the other. Hence, on duplicating, 4 such duplicates appear (each showing label above field).
Basically, users have to enter a key which is 16 digits long and appears in batches of 4, just like a credit card. Hence i need this display with a validation to make sure 4 digits are entered in each box and all boxes are mandatory.
- allanftdAnswered on October 02, 2011 at 09:55 AM
I have cloned your form and made a field that asks for an account number like what you require (4 boxes placed side by side). You may find the demo form here - http://www.jotform.com/form/12744015329. You can edit it using your own JotForm account, just look for the form name "Clone of XM-DiwaliOffer"
Test drive it and let us know if it works for you or not.