- glandoreghycAsked on December 18, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I have PayPal integrated into several Forms, i use the standard PayPal account.
I want to be able to add a variable fee to the total transaction prior to the Form being submitted to PayPal.
The Fee could be based on let's say 3% of the total transaction value.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Though you cannot specifically add this sort of surcharge, you can increase or add a sales tax equal to to the percentage you wish as your fee:
Then inform your customers that there is a 3% fee included in all payments made via PayPal.
If this is not a suitable solution, let us know and we will be happy to see what else we can do.
- glandoreghycAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM
This could be a solution let me try it..
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 01:44 PM
In behalf of my colleague David, you are welcome. Please try it and let us know if your having issues with it.
Thank you for choosing JotForm.
- glandoreghycAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 06:24 PM
At first pass at using the suggestion you provided, it does seem to do the job but one major issue could be the use of the word TAX when the additional value is added to the Total within the Jot Form PayPal integration. I expect that this information is added to the onward info to PayPal, so they would belive that the transaction had generated a percentage of Tax and knowing PayPal i am not sure where that will lead.
Is there anyway that the term TAX can be changed to a user specified Term????
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 07:21 PM
You meant you wanted to change the text "Tax" in the payment tool to something else?
You can do that using the customize text button when in payment option wizard.
Please refer to the screenshot below on how to.
The term/text used should then appear in the form like this
Please let us know if this was not what you meant.
- glandoreghycAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 07:41 PM
Thank You problem fixed...Sorted...
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 18, 2014 at 08:01 PM
We are glad to be of help. =)
Contact us again anytime for any assistance you need on JotForm
- Bryan Appleby-WinebergAnswered on February 11, 2017 at 12:47 PM
I have a similar question: For PayPal I am using a total generated in the form (with the widget). The TOTAL is what the customer uses for either paying by check or paying via PayPal. When they click the PayPal option it hides the Pay By Check option and kicks them to the PayPal section. I need to take that total and add the PayPal fee (2.9% + $.30) to it so they can make their PayPal payment and we don't get stuck with paying the fee.
How do I do this?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 11, 2017 at 03:55 PM
I created a separate thread for your issue. Please wait for our reply on this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1063718
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 16, 2017 at 09:36 PM
We will resolve your issue on a separate thread here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1176163