- tommyblueAsked on October 03, 2011 at 01:39 AM
file upload form does not work.after selecting photo file and clicking submit the following msg appears.Upload ErrorFile could not be uploaded for some reason.Please go back and fix this
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Change the Allowed File Types in the Upload Field
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on October 03, 2011 at 02:02 AM
Are you using Firefox 7? Unfortunately, both regular upload and multi-upload buttons are malfunctioning in that browser. Our developers are working on a fix. If you're using Firefox 7, please use another browser and see if that helps.
Until we get this issue resolved, it is advisable to include a message to that effect next to every upload button so that users don't abandon your forms due to frustration caused by their inability to upload files which they know are the correct file types.
Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- tommyblueAnswered on October 03, 2011 at 07:49 AM
The Firefox thing is good to know, but I was using Google Chrome for my test run.
- fxrAnswered on October 03, 2011 at 04:22 PM
I cloned your form and uploaded a 58k jpeg with no issue. (on Chrome)
Are you sure the file you are trying to upload isnt larger than max size allowed? Have you tried with a few different images/files?
Is it OK to do a couple of test submissions on your form itself?
- tommyblueAnswered on October 03, 2011 at 07:17 PMThanks but I just used a form tool on my site builder. It seems to work OK.
- agnaldosilva19Answered on October 03, 2011 at 09:28 PM
Hello friends, I'm sorry but I'm having trouble sending files assembled by the form q, since they've tested all browsers on all versions.
Following is the address of the form:
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 05:36 AM
agnaldosilva19: If you have the problem on Firefox, that has just been fixed.
If it is not, please let us know the name and size of the form you are uploading.
- agnaldosilva19Answered on October 04, 2011 at 11:23 AMhello, I saw that really Funcines, but when I send a larger image ... will
not, says: "File could not be uploaded for some reason.Please go back and
Why is this? how do you send pictures from 1 to 2 MB ... change the
configuration of the Form, but nothing worked!
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 04:32 PM
agnaldosilva19: You need to increase it further. I have now increased the max limit for you. Please try it now.
- agnaldosilva19Answered on October 04, 2011 at 04:41 PM
obrigado amigo, problema resolvido!
- magdawilAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 06:59 PM
im having the same upload errors even though i have increased the max size of file upload button...
here is my form
hope you can help
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 07:06 PM
I have checked your form posted above and there is no upload tool. If you don't mind can you repost the right form? We will wait for your response.
- magdawilAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 07:09 PM
sorry here is the main form
- magdawilAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 07:26 PM
FYI I was using Google Chrome to test my form
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 07:45 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you please recheck if it's now working? Also, FYI, we have already submitted this issue to our development team. We will post here an updates from time to time. Thank you.
- magdawilAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 07:58 PM
it seems to work fine now! thx for your help!!
- magdawilAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 02:22 PM
i tested the form today, the file upload is not working again. is there a way of getting it fixed permanently? thx
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 02:45 PM
I have tested your form and I was able to make one submission successfully.
If you're still not able to submit your form properly, can you please provide us a more detailed description of the information that you entered, and the file types and file sizes used? This can help us test the form properly and try to replicate your problem.
- kretivaAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 02:47 PM
i tried just now... the error comes again..
mine is http://form.jotform.com/form/12790408387
- yasincoAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 02:58 PM
It works fine something is maybe wrong with your browser or operating system! What type of file are YOU trying to upload? I tried with .jpg .gif .pdf .wmv and it worked!
I hope this helps, reply please.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 03:06 PM
Please provide us some details of the submission, the file types, and file sizes used on how this error happens. This way we can replicate the issue and see what's wrong.
- kretivaAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 03:38 PM
my form: http://form.jotform.com/form/12790408387
I use chrome, its jpg file sized 34kb. After I upload the file>click send button>"UPLOAD ERROR, file could not be uploaded for some reason..."
It only happened when I attached a file.. the rest is working fine.
- yasincoAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 03:44 PM
It works good for me, I will let jotform take over this,
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 05:01 PM
I honestly apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. Our developers are aknowleadgeable about upload problem for some of our customers and they are doing their best in order to solve it. We hope that this problem will be fixed really fast.
Thank you for using our services.
- gwpriesterAnswered on June 15, 2012 at 02:53 PM
I added the Browse > Upload File button to a form, and uploaded a small bitmap, under 50K as a test.
I am using Firefox 13 to let you know how old this thread is :-)
I did not receive any error message. None of the other persons who received the e-mail response nor did I receive the test file.
Am I missing something here?
I have since removed the button so I cannot give you a link to the form.
The rest of the form works fine.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 15, 2012 at 03:10 PM
The issue has been escalated again. As a work around we suggest you to use single upload buttons instead
Sorry for the inconvenience
If you still have questions, please open a new thread so we can answer to you in a more efficient manner
- NACUMS_orgAnswered on November 12, 2014 at 05:12 PM
I'm getting this error on my form:Upload Errorjpg file extension is not allowed. You can only upload jpg, jpeg, tiff files.
Please go back and fix the problem(s)My max file size is set to 20 mb and the file that I tried to upload was a small jpeg.Here's the link: https://secure.jotformpro.com/NACUMS_org/NotesWhat's wrong?
- BenAnswered on November 12, 2014 at 05:26 PM
This thread is not related to the error that you are getting.
I see that have just created your own thread (http://www.jotform.com/answers/458377) for this issue so we will be responding to it shortly.
Please leave all your further responses there, thank you.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 10, 2015 at 11:42 PM
I have moved your question to a new thread and you will be answered here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/513745