- craigwelchAsked on December 20, 2014 at 07:53 AM
Which leads me to something that I didn't want to get into in the first post; mailchimp integration.
Originally I was using both a first name and a last name field rather than the full name field and the spacing on those was no problem on all devices.
When I went to integrate with mailchimp I found that I could not map the names properly. I have both a first name and a last name merge tag in mailchimp but on the jotform side i only see a full name field and had to choose either first or last name (when using both jotform fields) to map to it.
My solution was to just use the full name jotform field. And then I started running into these formatting troubles.
Also, I disconnected an reconnected mailchinp a few times for testing purposes and the group setup seems to be buggy. For instance, on the first setup I didn't choose a group and when i went into mailchimp the submission was mapped to a group I did not want it mapped to. I created a new catch group in mailchimp and disconnected and reconnected jotform. Now, I have chosen the newly created group and submissions are not mapped to a group at all. Screwy right?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 20, 2014 at 09:25 AM
To map full name try to delete the First Name and Last Name field in your MailChimp account.
Please follow this guide.
1. Login to your mailchimp account and go to Lists.2. Click on the List Name you have created3. Click on Settings and choose List Fields and Merge Tags4. Delete First Name and Last Name then add it back again.5. Then choose Add a field then choose TextOnce you have created back the First Name and Last Name field you can reintegrate the form then try to Add New Optiona. Choose Add New Optionb. You should now be able to see the field named "Full Name"Then you can test the form and see if mapping the field was successful.If you need further help please don't hesitate to ask.Thanks,
- craigwelchAnswered on December 21, 2014 at 02:52 PM
That worked for me; thank you.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 21, 2014 at 03:54 PM
You're quite welcome. =)
Contact us again anytime for any assistance you need on JotForm.