What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
My form's conditions are not working on Internet Explorer browser.Asked by sorocred on December 22, 2014 at 07:05 AM
I recently created a new form, using the condition tool. So, when the user chooses one option in a dropdown list, another field show up, and every option show up an especific field.
It's working pretty well! However , when I open the page in Internet Explorer, the conditions do not work, and the fields should be hidden and shown only with the choice of options in the dropdown, are showing 100% of the time, regardless of conditions.
Can you guys help me on that?
Here's the link to the form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42955436676973?
Thanks already! Best regards, Bruno Ciaciare
What's your Internet Explorer version? If you're using an older version of IE such as IE8, IE9, IE10 then most likely that is because of the compatibility settings. Please try to alter this setting by following this guide:
Or, there's a possibility that the script of the form is not properly loaded because of a conflict that occurs in IE. In that case, try re-embedding your form using our iFrame method: http://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code.
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance.
I have the Internet Explorer version 11, this version is present on the whole company. Also tried to add the page with the form to the compatibility list, but it didn't work.
The iFrame code wasn't successful either.
I still need help :(
Looking at the screenshot I see that the jotform is embedded into a page, which leads me to believe that the issue is connected to the way it is embedded.
Now just in case I had checked the jotform directly using my old IE 8 and it was working properly for me.
We would need to see the page where you have embedded the jotform, but based on this it should be fixed by using the iframe embed option as shown here: How to get the jotform iFrame Code
In fact, if you open the direct form page on IE, the fields and also the conditions are perfectly shown. But, as you said, since they're inside another page, it may cause some trouble.
I created a blank page with the same code I'm already using, and also the iframe version of the code. The first one, is the embed code version, and the second is the iFrame code version (inserted following step by step of the guide ou mentioned).
I took a look with my IE now again and both seem to be working properly for me.
What I did notice is that if I set my IE browser to run in compatibility mode, it will not work.
This is not a recommended setting to run your browser in, but it might have been turned on for some reason so please check it.
As you can see on the screenshot jotforms are showing properly.
Now if there is a checkmark next to the Compatibility View then you are running it in compatibility mode.
Most of the time this does not resolve anything (the compatibility mode). What it will do is just accept smallest possible amount of code to run properly and reject other (deemed as unnecessary by the browser itself).
Please check if it is in compatibility view and let us know of the outcome.
It really worked for me! I removed the website from the compatibility list on IE 11 and now the forms are showing perfectly and the conditions working too.
Thanks a lot for the help!
Great to hear that :)
You are welcome.
Do let us know if you have any further questions and we would be happy to answer them.
This is the best answer ever had. in fact I had trouble opening intranet forms of my company and it was not showing up found that the compatibility mode was checked. unchecked it is now working perfectly
Thanks a lot
NB: got your solution by using google search. Cool