- jlimageAsked on October 04, 2011 at 02:28 AM
Error message above displayed when I tried using the form in Chrome v14 and IE v9.
When I using form in FireFox 7, message "You can only upload following files: pdf, doc, docx, xls, csv, txt, rtf, html, zip, jpg, jpeg, png, gif" even though I try to upload the correct file type.
Please help, my form ID is 12753058123 with email JL.Image.Mastery@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 06:22 AM
Thank you for this report.
Can you also please post the type of the file which you were uploading as well as the file size? We need this information in finding out the cause of the error.
We'll await for your response.
- jlimageAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 07:12 AM
I have tried any picture file in .jpg or .png format with less than 1MB size.
I think you can try it yourself from the URL that I gave you: http://www.solarisdutamas.com/fb/ImagineImage/photo1.php
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 07:50 AM
We apologize for your inconvenience.
Can you try editing the field, save, and try your form again?
- jlimageAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 11:00 AM
I saw a new submission from you. You didn't experience the same problem?
I have tried take out the field and reinsert the field, even create a new form with the "file upload" field.
All showing the same problem.
Please help to trouble shoot at your side. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 03:31 PM
A ticket has already been opened for this issue so that our higher ups can look into the case. As soon as we have updates on this we will let you know by posting it here in the forum.
- emrew86Answered on October 05, 2011 at 01:46 AM
This bug has been fixed yesterday. I have tested it in IE9 and Firefox 7. I couldn't get this error again.
- oknollAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 04:30 AM
I still get this error. Can you please fix it.
- emrew86Answered on October 05, 2011 at 04:38 AM
Hi oknoll, can you tell me your browser ? And are you sure to clear your cash ?
- oknollAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 05:32 AM
Firefox 7.01 and my cache is cleared. It either works in safari.
Greetings from Switzerland
- emrew86Answered on October 05, 2011 at 05:34 AM
oknoll, can you send me your form ? I will try to upload file in Firefox 7
- oknollAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 07:41 AM
- oknollAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 08:04 AM
it worked. So what could be the problem.
- emrew86Answered on October 05, 2011 at 08:05 AM
Bug has been fixed
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 08:07 AM
Glad to hear it, oknoll. There was just a problem with the codes and our development team our doing there best to solve this issue. So, please do let us know if you have further questions/problems.
- oknollAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 08:08 AM
I still recieve the error
But it shows the Datasize now. :S In Safari it doesn't work either.
I restart my computer perhaps that helps.
Thx for the support
- digitalposterAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 08:21 AM
I've got the same problem. I'm not able to attach any files, neither in safari or firefox.
- allanftdAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 08:41 AM
@oknoll, please let us know how it goes after you reset your computer.
You have quite a number of forms in your account but I tested two of them and was able to replicate the issue on both forms. Is this happening to all of your forms with file upload field in all web browsers?
I have escalated this issue to our developers for further checking. Your answer to the questions above will be helpful in our investigation. We appreciate your feedback.
- oknollAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 08:58 AM
it's still not working. I will write you again tomorrow. i try upload it at home. Perhaps our servers can't deal with it today or something.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 09:22 AM
Just to share my thoughts on this. Do you have a caching server at work, oknoll? If so, this might be the culprit.
We'll wait for your updates.
- oknollAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 11:03 AM
A friend of mine tried my form and it didn't worked for him either. Could it be because we live both in switzerland?
Edit: It works now.
- fxrAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 04:38 PM
oknoll, are you happy that this issue is fixed now?
- PointRollAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 06:03 PM
My file extensions are fine as well and it is not accepting those file formats! It is so frustrating!
PLEASE FIX ASAP!
- fxrAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your frustrations.
Since this thread is getting long now, can you please open a new one, it will be easier for JotForm support to track, and please explain your issue as much as you can, include Form ID & URL (if applicable) ?
The more information you give us the quicker we will be able to fix your problem.
- PointRollAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 06:30 PM
Thanks. Just submitted a private ticket.
- oknollAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 05:23 AM
Yep, but I hope that this doesn't happen again, because my clients wouldn't be happy about that :) You don't know another form to upload to Dropbox. With an FTP or something?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 07:00 AM
It would be nice to have ftp access to Dropbox unfortunately though this is not allowed by Dropbox due to security reasons. You can only upload using API or dropbox desktop client, there is an ongoing thread in dropbox requesting for the ftp access you may cast your vote here :)
If you have a hosting server that grants you ftp access you can make use of Send Upload to FTP to have the uploaded files saved on your server.
- eudesAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 09:49 AM
Help me! I'm having the same problemUpload Errorbmp file extension is not allowed. You can only upload pdf, doc, docx, xls, csv, txt, rtf, html, zip, mp3, wma, mpg, flv, avi, jpg, jpeg, png, gif files.
- eudesAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 09:51 AMUpload Error
- eudesAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 09:59 AMErro de uploadArquivo não pôde ser carregado por algum motivo. Por favor, volte e corrigir esselink:http://www.santacasademaceio.com.br/legba/bancoDeMidia/arquivos/teste3.htm
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Please try to clone your existing form and update your old form to your new one in your website. As you can see in your account there is a form called "Clone of Edital de Residência Médica 2012", I used this and haven't found any errors anymore. Could you please check if it is really working?
Please do let us know if you are still having trouble with this issue.
- willgurreyAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 10:55 AM
I have this same problem. Any fixes yet.? I have cloned my form but to no avail.
- emrew86Answered on October 06, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Hi willgurrey, we have already fixed problem. Can you send me your form id ?
- willgurreyAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Hi, yes thanks its: http://form.jotform.com/form/12284600274
have tried this in FF Safari, and Chrome.
- emrew86Answered on October 06, 2011 at 11:23 AM
I uploaded successfully...
- willgurreyAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Thanks guys, just tried it and now works fine... Cheers.
- aespinozaAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 01:48 PM
I have the same problem, my form is: http://www.jotform.com/form/12780753217
- allanftdAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 02:39 PM
I tried to upload a jpg and png file in your form and I was able to submit it successfully. I was redirected to your site http://www.britanico.edu.pe/. Please check if you received my submission (JotForm Support).
- lisadesjardinAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 02:58 PM
Same issue here as well: http://www.jotform.com/lisadesjardin/WEDocSubmit. Using IE7. Please assist
- aespinozaAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 03:06 PM
I have your submission, but I'm still have the problem. I use Google Chrome and IE9.
- allanftdAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 03:16 PM
I also used Google Chrome in my test submission. Could it be that the image that you want to upload is bigger than the allowed file size? If possible, could you please send us the image that you want to upload into your form but you couldn't so that we can try it ourselves from our end. Thanks!
May we ask which file type are you trying to upload? Note that you do not have ppt, pptx, and xlsx in the allowed file extensions yet, so if you are expecting these types of files please include them too.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- lisadesjardinAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 03:20 PM
No they are standard .doc, .pdf, .xls files.
- aespinozaAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 03:21 PM
I want to upload a 0.1MB pdf, I try with doc, jpg, docx files and I couldn't
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 04:46 PM
Please accept our sincere apologies regarding this problem. Currently our developers are working hard to fix this problem. We have set an urgent status for this problem, so we expect to solve this shortly. We will let you know through this thread once it will be fully fixed.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation with us.
- elrexyeohAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 12:16 AM
I have the same problem too! Please fix it ASAP! Thanks!
- emrew86Answered on October 07, 2011 at 01:57 AM
There is no bug. I could upload successfully.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 02:27 AM
I have checked your form and I was able to submit a file without any error like Emrew did. And also, could you please check your form again and tell us how its going? If you would be so kind to post your browser information, like its name and version then that would be a great help. Thank you!
- elrexyeohAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 08:14 AM
I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome Browser (14.0.835). I have also tried both Firefox 7.0.1 and IE 10 Developer Preview. But still, I could not manage to upload the file at all. Have you guys tried uploading the file outside of your company's network? Because there might be the reason that I and other users could not upload but you guys could. I have also tried uploading to the above posted forms but to no vain.
- elrexyeohAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 08:40 AM
And all of a sudden, now it works! I don't know why. I did not do anything at all. Does anyone know what the problems are?
- fxrAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 05:01 PM
The developers are confident this issue has now been resolved.
It is possible that your form was using a cached version of old code; that may explain why you were not originally able to upload your file.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and ask anyone who is encountering upload issues to do a full browser refresh, clear cookies & internet cache etc to ensure that the new code is in place in your browser.
If the problem remains after that, please continue to report it on the forum.
Unfortunately, I cleared all browsing data, and still have the same problem...
- allanftdAnswered on October 08, 2011 at 04:05 PM
I was able to successfully upload and send a form submission with a telephone JPG and a PNG file through your form using Google Chrome. Did you receive it? May we ask which web browser you were using that returned with an error message?
Also, kindly use the URL http://www.jotform.com/form/12782323371 and check if you observe any improvement in your tests. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
- nepalimig33Answered on October 09, 2011 at 02:31 AM
File could not be uploaded for some reason.
Please go back and fix this
i face this problem uploading .jpg file of 13,7KB
- nepalimig33Answered on October 09, 2011 at 03:24 AM
i got your test,it worked thanks jotform staffs,really supportive :)
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 09, 2011 at 03:35 AM
Yes, I was able to submit my file without error. Have you try it on your self? If you have more troubles with your form just let us know, we'll be glad to help you.
- totegnacAnswered on October 09, 2011 at 08:20 AM
Thank you very much for help and answer Allan, it seems everything ok now. I was using google chrome and Safari that returned with an error message to me.
My form showing this "Upload Error" message for Chrome v14, IE v9 and Firefox 7.
Please help, my contest need to go live by tomorrow. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 11, 2011 at 01:28 AM
Base on your link above, I haven't seen any upload tool in your form. Could you please repost the right link? We will wait for your response. Thank you.
- hr_srvAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 01:04 PMUpload ErrorPlease solve this problem.http://srvmedia.com/summer_training.html (user id- hr_srv)http://srvmedia.com/submit_resume.html (userid- careers_srv)please revert me on this email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
- fxrAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 05:37 PM
If you still having this problem , please open a new thread for your own issue.
Its the only way we can efficiently route issues amongst JotForm staff.
- teedartAnswered on March 03, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I'm getting the same error message
"Upload ErrorPlease solve this problem."
on this form:
I have cleared my cache and reset the form.
- EliezerNAnswered on March 03, 2014 at 11:00 AM
We would appreciate if you opened your own thread to post your inquiry. This thread is already old, the multiple messages may produce confusion in the support staff and would prevent us from giving you the proper assistance.
Kindly open a new thread here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/answer.php
We will reply to you as soon as possible.