Google spreadsheet displays the Fancy Range Slidr widget submission data as DATE.

  • Profile Image
    Asked on December 28, 2014 at 07:04 PM

    The range slider data is not downloading into Google spreadsheet all I get is a date

  • Profile Image
    Answered on December 28, 2014 at 07:26 PM

    I think this is a spreadsheet issue the slider was set on 4-16 Google thought it was a date

  • Profile Image
    Answered on December 28, 2014 at 11:31 PM

    Hello akt1,

    I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.

    It seems you are right. I did test the "Fancy Range Slidr" widget and I am able to replicate the issue you are having. The google spreadsheet displays the value of Fancy Range Slidr widget as date.

    I am reporting it to our back end team. We will get back to you as soon as this issue is fixed.

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 22, 2015 at 09:09 AM


    We've made an update to the Fancy Range Slider Widget. We've added a way to output currency prefix/suffix together with the output:


    This will make sure that wherever you export your values to Google Spreadsheet- the prefix is added as well - so it will not be reformatted to a date value. 

    You will have to re-add the widget to get the update (be careful not to lose your existing submissions - use a copy of your form)

    Another way in which you can resolve the formatting issue is to instruct Google Spreadsheet on the kind of values expected for that column: 

    Let us know how it goes :-)



  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 24, 2015 at 03:58 PM

    I re-installed the fancy range slider and tested.It still shows as a date in Google sheets


  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 24, 2015 at 08:29 PM

    I also could not reproduced the original issue anymore.

    I made a test using your jotform and integrate it to Google spreadsheet.

    The submission result in the spreadsheet for the 'Product Price Range' slider widget is not a date but an range number value, which is correct


    You can also try test submitting my test form I will check the result on the integrated spreadsheet.

    If OK with you, can you also removed the google spreadsheet integration on your jotform and then clone it on your account?

    user guide: -How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-your-account

    And then integrate to google spreadsheet on the cloned version. Use the cloned version to test again.

    Check if the cloned version will also exhibits the same anomaly as the original form with issue.

    Hope this help. Please let us know if issue remains.








  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 25, 2015 at 01:57 AM

    Your section was to high 60 cannot be mistaken for a date try the test again but keep the selection under 20 or even under 10

    the reported fix should show a $ sign your test does not

  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 25, 2015 at 05:31 AM

    You were right. I was now able to reproduced again the problem if you select lower range value.

    Here is the test form


    and this is the shared spreadsheet to check the result.

    I have now re-opened the ticket for this bug so that our developer assigned will check again.

    We will let you know for any status update as soon as we can.



  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 26, 2015 at 01:12 AM


    Google Spreadsheet  can be very persistent when a set of numbers (integers) contain hyphens, backslashes or periods when trying to figure out what type of value it is. See this forum thread. 

    The Google spreadsheet autocorrect script can be very helpful at times, and sometimes its devastatingly counterproductive. 

    Unfortunately - there is little we can do about that, but we can allow you to pass non-numeric characters with the result - so that the numbers with the hyphen between them are not mistaken for a date or scientific sequence. 

    We added the option to output the prefix (which in your case, is the $ sign) for this purpose: 

    Kindly Test:

    Output Spreadsheet:

    Changing the number format in Google spreadsheet may hit or miss (possibly because of the data type designation in the Google Spreadsheet integration)  - but please try outputting the prefix value as well - let us know if that works for you.