- Emanuel GullAsked on December 29, 2014 at 01:20 PM
we're having a form here:
and as of today it stopped working, presumably because jotform.net is unavailable.
Is that a mistake on our side (did we hit some limit?) or a problem on your side, and what do we do to fix it?
- raulAnswered on December 29, 2014 at 02:10 PM
We apologize for this inconvenience.
Our maintenance team has been already notified about this issue and they are working on a fix.
Once we have an update regarding this matter, you'll be notified here.
- umcernreuAnswered on December 29, 2014 at 05:00 PM
kirksvillewebdesign: it's just a problem with the embedding part of the forms. Go to your form, get a direct link to your form, and past this instead of the google embedding. That works as a workaround if you need something ASAP.
- CarinaAnswered on December 29, 2014 at 05:46 PM
I moved your comment to a new thread so it can be properly addressed.
You can find it here.
Thank you for providing a workaround for this situation.
If you need further support please let us know.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 29, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Another temporary resolution can be to embed the iFrame version of the form in your google site. Our devs are now aware of the problem and will look into it.
- BenAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 08:57 AM
Our developers have notified us that this issue is resolved now.
Please kindly check and let us know in case you are still experiencing the same issue.