- akt1Asked on December 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Hint text included in notifiers & responders, I set advanced setting to not include empty fields, is there away to ignore the grayed out hint text?
- akt1Answered on December 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM
The "do not include empty fields"in emails feature works well except the fields that have a hint.
- CharlieAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I see that you have a couple of forms, may I know which of them you are having problems with?
And just to confirm, you are getting the hint text in your email notifications even if they are not filled out, right?
1. I setup a text box field and added a hint text example on it.
2. I then made a test submission by filling out the fields, except for the field named "Hint". I then get notification but without the "Hint" field having any values.
3. In my Submissions Page. The Hint named is not displayed because the option "Auto Hide Empty Fields" is enabled.
I hope this helps. We'll wait for your response.
- akt1Answered on December 30, 2014 at 02:37 PM
I have one form live and it's clone which I use for testing they both give the same results.
Any text box with a hint (grayed out text) that is not filled out by the user is included in the notifier email.
- ShadaeAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 03:14 PM
I cloned your form http://www.jotform.com/43607526368158 and did a test submission. I was not able to replicate the issues that you are experiencing.
When you do your test submissions, does your hint appear to be grayed out and disappears when your select the field or is it black and has to be remove from the field before you can type?
- akt1Answered on December 30, 2014 at 03:57 PM
"does your hint appear to be grayed out and disappears when your select the field" Yes that works fine but here is a response I just received
- ShadaeAnswered on December 30, 2014 at 04:39 PM
I was unable to replicate the issue that you are describing. I reviewed your submission data and I am seeing that the hint is not attached to the submissions.
Can you please remove the current email notification associated with your form and create a new one.
I hope this helps, please inform us if you need further assistance.
- akt1Answered on December 31, 2014 at 02:27 AM
I think we are talking about different things, the hint text is not going into submissions, but it is in the email notifier and responder which I use as a record of what was ordered but I will try your suggestion and create a new responder
- CharlieAnswered on December 31, 2014 at 08:40 AM
Just to confirm, the hint text in your text box shows up in your email notifications, right? As what my colleague Shadae has mentioned, we tested the form and it seems to work correctly in our end (hint text not included in our notifications).
Please do try setting up a new email notification. Also, you can try using a different recipient email and see if the problem still persist. We'll wait for your response.