- fcobosAsked on October 04, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Service database is great but email alerts are really bad as we cannot trust they arrive...we always have problems and we already did all what we could do to solved (spam, bulk, whatever) is JotForm experiencing problems sending email alerts???
We use this for serious business and we need a service that we can trust, can you help???
Thanks in advance
- xxzzfileAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 12:36 PM
I have the same problem. Can't find a solution since jotform got hit with ddos. It worked perfect for many years prior to that. I've made every spam adjustment possible. Nothing works. I get maybe 1 out of every 6 notifs.
- allanftdAnswered on October 04, 2011 at 02:42 PM
Hi Francisco and xxzzfile,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please accept our apologies for the trouble you're experiencing. For us to isolate tha cause of this intermittent problem, may we ask if there's something in common between the submissions that you are not receiving by email? For example, are there any similarities in:
- time of submission (i.e. between 9AM to 11AM)
- email or ISP provider (i.e. gmail.com users only?, AT&T users only?)
- geographic location (i.e. are they all located in a particular city or state?
The problem with such intermittent issues is that these are more difficult to diagnose than a more widespread outages without really taking time to analyze the issue. But we're hoping that with your observations, along with any additional information that you can share with us, it will make the investigation faster and resolution will be easier to implement.
Thank you for your patience and for bearing with us. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
- FranciscoAnswered on October 19, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Thanks for replying!
Actually this failure happens 24/7, sometimes we received two or three and then nothing else...
We are using this service in Spain...
Recently I noticed thta you add a new domain http://spanish.jotform.com/
May be could be that this new domain is rejected by our server as possible SPAM???
We are going to try adding this to our white list to see if there is any success...
In the mean time please tell us if you have any other different domains for sending submissions by emails.
I'll keep you update with the results.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 19, 2011 at 12:35 PM
If I may ask, have you already added these IP addresses to your whitelist:
If not yet, please do add these and let us know if you're still having problems.
- fcobosAnswered on November 30, 2011 at 10:29 AM
We have done the "monkey & the donkey show already trying to fix this but we are not receiving email notifications. In the begining yes but now we don't. Please help`.
- fxrAnswered on November 30, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Are all your forms is affected?
Are these form(s) using email@example.com as the Sender Email or have our mail servers been whitelisted by your email service provider?
- xxzzfileAnswered on November 30, 2011 at 11:01 AMy am i getting these?
- fxrAnswered on November 30, 2011 at 11:09 AM
You posted on this thread. This is one of the reasons why prefer each user to open seperate support requests for their own issue. You are going to have to divert your eyes for a bit while we work on a solution for fcobos. :)