What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Pages Separated by Page Break Do Not Show in Form DesignerAsked by Nolasol on January 01, 2015 at 07:59 AM
I see the 'beta' status of Designer is over - and today I tried to use it again.
I have a multipage (I'm just bulding the 8th one) form and if I open it in Designer, I can see only the first page.
There is no any slider, no option for paging, I can't design the 2nd<= pages.
I tried to close it and open again, exit from bulder and login again - no any solution. In earlier time I could use beta version without this trouble...
Where is the bug? In your Designer, in my network access or in my form? :-)
Thanks (and Happy New Year to all members of JotForm's staff) :-)
Upon checking your form and cloning it for testing purposes, I see the problem you are having. Pages separated by page breaks does not show in the Form Designer. It limits you in designer your form further. I'll need to escalate this to our developers and the back end team so that they can take a closer look on what might be causing it.
We'll update you when this issue has been fixed.
Thank you, Charlie, I hope it will be solved as soon as possible because I need design functions/options are available only in Designer...
In my colleague's name you are welcome. I see that he had already raised this to our developers, but I gave it a quick look and I believe that the reason why this happens is the actual size of the jotform.
I would like to suggest something:
1. people dislike filling out very long forms - consider making several smaller jotforms, one for each segment.
- How would that work -
* If you create 1 jotform to collect their data, that is then passing them to a second jotform based on few selections, you will be able to keep them interested, while in the same time not have too many conditions, styles and fields and widgets on your jotform.
* This would resolve the issue you are having
* this would mean that each jotform would open up much faster
* easier jotform manipulation and changes
2. if you are not sure how, find a designer specialized in creating form designs, that would help you to shorten the jotforms and in the same time capture everything and still do it with a style.
3. if you absolutely need to have all of this data on a single jotform, please break them into many smaller jotforms loaded over iframe embed widget.
* Doing this would allow the jotform to properly load and get styled as resources consumption is being dispersed around - this would not be the best option, but should still be must better than the current one.
Once our developers take a look at this they will update you through this thread with any new updates they have.