- amkmcAsked on January 02, 2015 at 12:17 AM
Hi I'm unable to embed using the given method to my wordpress site with Shiftnav* plugin installed. This is unless I embed using iframe. However, we wish not to cos from time to time we will be changing the form and it's not productive to keep changing the iframe code. Please assist.
*Shiftnav allows us to have mobile menu.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 02, 2015 at 06:53 AM
I am currently runnings test with Jotform Wordpress plugins and Shiftnav.
Will report on the results soon and the next steps we will take.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 02, 2015 at 07:30 AM
I installed the following plugins:
1. https://wordpress.org/plugins/embed-form/ - To add a copy of your form to the test site
2. https://wordpress.org/plugins/shiftnav-responsive-mobile-menu/ - The plugin that is in conflict
Initial tests show the conflict between the two plugins (the form does not load):
Here's the test site: http://tituswptest.qsandbox.com/?page_id=20
I've forwarded this to our developers so that it can be addressed - we appreciate your patience.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 02, 2015 at 12:59 PM
Test site login code is 0000
- amkmcAnswered on January 02, 2015 at 10:09 PM
So how long will this wait will likely take before the form can be properly loaded?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 03, 2015 at 02:58 PM
We had already submitted a bug report regarding the conflict in the plugin to our higher team support.
Currently, there is a bug that needs to be fixed before the form can properly load.
This is now on the hands of our dev team.
We cannot provide you with an exact time frame at this time as to when this will be completed, but will will immediately post update on this thread as soon as we have update on the status of the ticket report.
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on January 13, 2015 at 03:34 PM
Hi, I have investigated this and the problem can be fixed by unchecking the 'Shift Body' option on the Shiftnav settings page.
- amkmcAnswered on January 15, 2015 at 09:05 PM
Many thanks for your help in this. So is this a ShiftNav issue or a Jotform one? Cos other forms can work on "Shift Body"
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 15, 2015 at 10:19 PM
If I am not mistaken, our dev Paul was pointing out the problem to be on the settings of Shiftnav. Which really is not actually bug or incompatibility issue, because it can be fixed by just altering the settings in Shiftnav.
Please try it as Paul had suggested. Uncheck the 'Shift Body' option in the Shiftnav plugin settings. And test again if your form will now properly load on your WP website.
Please let us know if issue remains.