- jesmithAsked on January 05, 2015 at 01:16 PM
I've created forms to be used in my class to grade competencies. The forms work fine on a computer, but exhibit odd behavior on an iPad. These are the behaviors that I'd like to address:
1. After completing the form, hitting the submit button causes the form to scroll to the top of the page. It doesn't actually submit the form.
2. On longer pages, it keeps scrolling up to the top of the page after each entry.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I created the web page using Tumult's Hype (a WYSIWYG HTML5 editor).
Here is the page:
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on January 05, 2015 at 02:38 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
We add an auto-height script part to the iFrame embedding code by default, and that script might cause issues in some cases. Please try removing the script that is following the form iFrame code to see if it solves the issues you described.
Also, you might consider changing the scrolling on iFrames to 'yes' if you notice any issues with the form height.
Please give it a try and let us know if you need any further assistance.
- jesmithAnswered on January 05, 2015 at 03:02 PM
I'm afraid that didn't work. I also modified the scrolling settings and no improvement.
Any other suggestions.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on January 05, 2015 at 03:45 PM
This issue seems to be specific to your web page and iOS browser. I was able to reproduce the issue on the following page:
However, this is not happening on my Android tablet, and also the forms are fine when they are being accessed via direct addresses / html pages on iPad. For example, you can check the following page:
You can also try Embed and Source Code embedding options to see if they work better on your site with the iOS browser.
- jesmithAnswered on January 05, 2015 at 04:09 PM
I modified the length of the web page to accommodate the maximum length of the 7 forms. Now things are working pretty well. Thanks.
- ShadaeAnswered on January 05, 2015 at 04:21 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome. We are happy to know that everything is working as desired, thank you for providing us with an update on how the issue was resolved.
Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.
Thank you for using JotForm!