- mowaamagnetAsked on October 06, 2011 at 04:34 PM
We have users who have submitted data, only to have it disappear. Some examples:
1. Part of the data in this submission was lost. The user edited and submitted the following form at 2:17 pm today: http://www.jotform.com/form.php?formID=12302134898&sid=183734213682015630&mode=edit
The form was completely filled in when submitted, but when we open the submission, the data stops after the answer to 1A.2.4 http://www.jotform.com/submissions/12302134898
2. The user reports trying to resubmit the same form at 2:40 pm. We never received it.
3. Files that were previously uploaded do not appear in this form when it is being edited. The user edited and submitted the following form at 1:35 pm today: http://www.jotform.com/form.php?formID=12302134898&sid=183731679661342211&mode=edit
Files are attached to many of the questions (e.g., 1A.2.2 & 1A.2.3). We can see them when we look at the submissions, http://www.jotform.com/submissions/12302134898 but the user cannot see them when they edit the form.
4. Data input into a field disappeared. The user edited and submitted the following form at 3:10 pm today: http://www.jotform.com/form.php?formID=12302518880&sid=183737426661342211&mode=edit. Numbers had been input in question 2.1.2, but no data is there after submission: http://www.jotform.com/submissions/12302518880
4. Files that were attached to a form disappeared when it was edited. http://www.jotform.com/submissions/12324835907 The form submitted on 10/3 at 12:25 was edited on 10/4 at 9:32 to change the name and email address. The files that were attached on 10/3 were no longer there.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 06:28 PM
We are very sorry for the inconveniences caused to you.
1. Unfortunately, this issue could be related to user's ISP, browser, networking problem or some other reason. Could you please ask your customer to try again using a Google Chrome browser?
2. It seems that mentioned submission was not successful. However, I was able to submit and edit your forms without any significant problems.
3. You can disable multiple upload feature for your upload elements, then you will see uploaded files during editing.
I will forward this issue to our developers to see if we can fix that.
4. The problem with the input into Grading element at 2.1.2 question will be sent to our developers too.
5. We would recommend you to try a Google Chrom browser for big forms like yours. Could you please give it a try to see if that makes any difference?
If you notice any problems in the further, please create a separate thread for each problem. This will help another customers to find out solutions on similar problems more easily. Also this will help us handle the problems more effectively. Thank you for cooperation.
We will get back to you with update on this thread as soon as possible.
- michael11Answered on October 06, 2011 at 09:40 PMMy dev tell me that Jotform is no good for IE..Internet Explorer.. that makes it hard as 60% of people still use it. Jotform will have to cater for this in the future..
- fxrAnswered on October 06, 2011 at 10:30 PM
It is of course difficult building web applications that are completely compatible with all web browsers, particularly one that is evolving as quickly as JotForm, but JotForm is designed to cater for all major web browsers. The developers work hard achieving just that, bugs are a fact of life in the world of web development, especially when it comes to making your application compatible with a myriad of different platforms.
Did you dev give any detail into why exactly he feels JotForm is no good for IE?
We endeavour to listen as closely as possible to all our users in the hope of building an application with as broad an appeal as possible.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 07, 2011 at 04:29 AM
"My dev tell me that Jotform is no good for IE"
Can you ask him to provide more details on this? I am aware we are lacking on IE, since we are a completely mac shop, and IE testing is something we do afterwards. But we have never left an IE bug unfixed. If he can provide the details for the IE problems he sees, we'd be happy to fix them quickly.
- mowaamagnetAnswered on October 10, 2011 at 10:01 AM
Asking all of our users to change browsers is not a viable option. Is there a timeframe for resolving these issues with IE?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 10, 2011 at 04:22 PM
I have just successfully submitted and then edited your form http://www.jotform.com/form/12302134898, through Internet Explorer 8. Are you able to reproduce some problems in some exact versions of Internet Explorer? Any additional information regarding these problems will be highly appreciated.
Our developers are still working on reported issues (3 and 4 items) from your initial post.
Thank you for your patience with us.
- mowaamagnetAnswered on October 10, 2011 at 05:26 PM
I was not able to replicate the problem using IE 7. Other than version of IE, what questions should we ask the users that experienced the problems?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 10, 2011 at 06:12 PM
Please ask them about their Operation System and Internet Browser versions. Also you may ask them if the problem is intermittent or continuous.
- mowaamagnetAnswered on October 10, 2011 at 06:27 PM
I did just re-create the problem of losing attached files (#5). See http://www.jotform.com/submissions/12302134898 the submissions at 17:18:51 (with attachments) and 18:20:03 (without attachments).
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 10, 2011 at 06:39 PM
Please create a new thread about this problem, so I will be able to create a new bug repport for our developers.
Also please include in your new thread information about:
- file names that were lost;
- file sizes information;
- browser version that was used.
Thank you for cooperation.
- emrew86Answered on October 18, 2011 at 03:00 AM
The bugs have been fixed. Your new forms' submissions can be edited now...