- selleryportfoliosAsked on January 05, 2015 at 03:41 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 05, 2015 at 04:23 PM
You can use this user guide: -How-to-Reduce-Vertical-Spacing-between-Fields
Hope this help. Inform us if you need further assistance.
- seanmccthyAnswered on January 05, 2015 at 04:28 PM
Thank you for asking for some help with your form editing. I take that you would like to either increase or decrease the spacing between your form questions. There are two methods to getting this task done. You can Inject Customer CSS or you can modify the Question Spacing under Preferences.
Question Spacing Modification
This is the simpler method to get this task done. All you would have to do is enter a desired number under the Question Spacing under Preferences until the form layout is to your liking.
Please follow the screen shots below on how you can get this done.
In your form builder click on the Properties icon (#1), once the window opens click on the Field Style (#2) tab and you should enter a desired number under the Question Spacing (#3) option. An increase in number should increase the space between the form questions and a smaller number does the opposite.
Custom Injected CSS
This method requires a little knowledge of CSS. You would add CSS codes to the form to manipulate its layout. The snippet provided below can be used to either increase or decrease the spacing between forms.
In your form builder click on the Properties icon (#1), once the window opens click on the Form Styles (#2) tab and you then copy/paste the CSS snippet provided above and increase or decrease the "3px" until the spacing is to your liking.
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask additional questions if assistance is needed.
- selleryportfoliosAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 10:18 AMI tried this, it didn’t work. Here’s a form screen shot. How do I spread horizontally and vertically
- selleryportfoliosAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 10:18 AMThank very much for your help, however, none of your recommendations are changing my form at all?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 11:15 AM
It seems this is an old thread, please confirm if the the issue is still present, provide us with a screenshot using this guide: