- mcnabchickenAsked on January 08, 2015 at 01:15 AM
I just started using Jot Form for my small business. Because my customers emails are all coming from Jotform, they are all being grouped together in my gmail account under the same email. Just wondering if there is a way to separate them out? I need to send them a confirmation email from my gmail account, but it makes it hard to do this when they are all under the same email. Thanks, Erin
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 08, 2015 at 03:37 AM
If I understand your question correctly, the issue is that all the submission emails you receive are grouped in your gmail account. Is that correct?
Actually gmail groups all the emails with same sender and subject. To solve this problem, you should make the subject line of submission emails unique. Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Load your form in editor.
2. Add a "Unique ID" widget in your form. Check the following URL: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/autoincrement Please check the screenshot below:
3. Now, edit your notification email alert and add this unique id field in the subject line of the email template. Please check the screenshot below:
Once the unique id is added in the subject line of your email alert, every submission emails you receive will be treated as a separate email and gmail will not group them together.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.