- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 09, 2015 at 03:53 PM
Can you provide us also a screenshot which part was misaligned when viewing in Firefox browser versus in Chrome on your jotform http://www.jotform.us/form/50046735707152
I could not replicate the issue yet on my FF browser
We will wait for your updated response.
- serendipityalbumsAnswered on January 09, 2015 at 04:15 PM
I drew two red lines to indicate the two different alignments on different browsers:
- BenAnswered on January 09, 2015 at 05:08 PM
Thank you for the screenshots. Unfortunately my screenshots can show you that to me the fields look practically the same on both Firefox and Chrome.
There are some differences, which are made by the browsers themselves (such as the native look of the dropdown), but they seem quite the same in width and left to right alignment.
What I believe is that one of the two is happening:
1. You have a cached version in Firefox that makes it show the fields in wrong size.
- this is easily fixed by clearing out the Browser cache.
2. The issue is caused by the native styles.
- This would be a bit difficult to resolve since we would need to have the same setup as you do to see the problem as our developers are working on Macs it widgets would not pass the first phase if they were not aligned properly.
- What I mean by native styles are the styles that each browser has. These are there to provide some default styles to the elements on pages in case if there were non set.
Do let us know however if the issue is resolved by clearing the cache and if not we will see what we could do to assist you in resolving it.
- serendipityalbumsAnswered on January 09, 2015 at 06:35 PM
I tried your suggestion of clearing the cache, unfortunately it didn't help. It also wouldn't align in Safari. What's even more confusing is that when I tried it on my PC the opposite happened. On my PC the fields aligned in Firefox, but not in Chrome. Very strange!
Shipping Address aligns fine on all computers/browsers.
- serendipityalbumsAnswered on January 09, 2015 at 07:06 PM
This might be related; on the very bottom of the form where it asks for the email, in chrom it doesn't show the entire length of the example but does in Firefox.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 09, 2015 at 10:53 PM
Can you please test this jotform http://www.jotformpro.com/form/50088523117956 if it also have same misalignment your jotform is having on Firefox browser.
I made adjustment on the fields by shrinking/expanding the necessary fields according to your form layout. I also made the labels align 'top' by default.
From what I understand, it seems the misalignment is happening because some fields were shrink and they tend to go to the next line if it could not fit on the above line
user guide: -Form-Field-Positioning
- serendipityalbumsAnswered on January 10, 2015 at 09:43 AM
I am getting the same results:
- BenAnswered on January 10, 2015 at 04:15 PM
Unfortunately I can not find anyone that reported having the same issue and since the table is used for these fields it should be aligned perfectly each time across all browsers, but this is what I will do.
I will take a further look and will get back to you through this thread once I test my idea what might work.