- alochoAsked on January 14, 2015 at 02:24 PM
I tried to use the new google recaptcha widget on one of my forms. It all looked great until I pushed my site live.
The ReCaptcha went invisible. any ideas of what went wrong? I ended up using a regular captcha on my form, but I still want to know if there is any solution to my problem.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 14, 2015 at 04:49 PM
Thanks for reporting.
Using that widget seems working fine on my end. Can you please check this form and see if it's now appearing on your end? Maybe it was just a temporary issue.
If the problem still persists, can you place it back on your form so we can check it here if possible?
We'll await your reply. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 14, 2015 at 06:03 PM
One of my colleague was able to figured out the problem. I assumed this is occurring on Firefox.
I have now escalated this to our developers for further investigation. Thank you for reporting it to us. We'll let you know once this is fixed.
- JotForm SupportwidgetsAnswered on January 15, 2015 at 12:56 AM
Hi, thank you for reporting the issue. I wanted to tell you that this problem is fixed now. I apologize for the inconvenience that have caused you.
If anything goes wrong again, please report back to us. Thank you!
- alochoAnswered on January 15, 2015 at 09:45 AM
Hi, I tried to use the widget once again and it still does not work. I can preview it and looks okay, but once I publish it, it doesn't. I have tried it on Firefox and Chrome. here is the link of the site where the form is: http://www.jamiesonlaser.com/lg-500.html Also other useful information for your guys is that I have tried it as an iFrame and SourceCode.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 15, 2015 at 10:56 AM
I was able to reproduce the problem. It is related with using secure form. I have now addressed this to our developers for a resolution.
Thanks and apologies for this inconvenience.
- JotForm SupportwidgetsAnswered on January 15, 2015 at 12:23 PM
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that have caused you. This should be fixed now. You can now load the https version of the widget with no problem.
Please make sure to re-integrate the widget into your form. Here is a demo for you https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/50145268709963
Let me know your experience with it, if something still not right please report back to us.
- LucianoAnswered on November 04, 2015 at 08:17 PM
Hi Iam a facing a similar situation.
Using iOS 10.11.1 and building JotForm from within iFrame on a google sites structure and see what is happening:
a) in Chrome Version 46.0.2490.80 (64-bit)
a.1) when regular/logged the captcha does not shows (I need this to work)
a.2) when in incognito mode the captcha shows
b) in Firefox v 42.0 or Safari Version 9.0.1 (11601.2.7.2) captcha show both regular and incognito
Can you help me?
- SammyAnswered on November 05, 2015 at 03:39 AM
Your issue will be addressed in this thread http://www.jotform.com/answers/698140
- Mridul RajAnswered on April 28, 2016 at 03:46 AMI am also facing this issue in firefox v 43.0. Here is the link of the form on which this issue exists. https://www.sonyliv.com/signup. Can you help me
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 28, 2016 at 06:29 AM
We have moved your question here https://www.jotform.com/answers/828323.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 26, 2017 at 02:44 AM
Did you try to reply on this forum? Unfortunately, it did not reach our Support Forum. Could you please reply again in this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/496136
- abcAnswered on April 27, 2017 at 01:10 AM