What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Error when trying to upload a file in multi-upload field through edit linkAsked by nmhg on January 16, 2015 at 09:54 AM
1. opened an existing file “with attachments” and tried to add another document and it will not accept it2. opened the same file a second time and uploaded the attachment with no concern. However, when I opened the file the original attachments were not visible (I did not notice) so when I saved the 1 document it deleted the other 3 that were there previously.
3. I just went back in and was able to upload the other 3 with no concern.
Attachments not visible when opening files is happening sporadically as well as the uploading problem. Any ideas?
1. Did you see an error when you try to add a file?
2. I was able to re-create the same to my own form, but only for one file. I might move this to a new thread, but wanted to confirm if this is about editing the submission.
3. Is this still through edit link or as a new submission?
This could be a bug and we can forward this to our developers. Please confirm if this is about editing a submission.
1. Did you see an error when you try to add a file? YES. I see it when I go into EDIT mode and try to add an attachement to a record created by someone else. I enter ECIT mode, click UPLOAD DOCUMENT and select the file I want to add and it shows up as being added but when I SAVE the record and go back to check to see if the attachment was added, it is not there. I will then forward it the record originator and they can add it. I did make sure that the file I was adding had an acceptable suffix (.xls vs. .xlsx).
2. I was able to re-create the same to my own form, but only for one file. I might move this to a new thread, but wanted to confirm if this is about editing the submission. It is only when editing a submission. Sometimes when I cant get it to work, I will just create a new record attaching the thing I wanted to add plus all attachments that were in the initial submitted record and the record generates with all documents attached with no problem..
3. Is this still through edit link or as a new submission? Through the EDIT link.
Thank you for the clarification.
So, I moved your second problem to a new thread. Here's the new link: http://www.jotform.com/answers/499199. It still related to file upload field, but that's a different problem.
As for the error when trying to add a file, I can't replicate it here. Does it happen to your end in most cases, when you try to add a file? I've tried it here for two different forms, still the file is accepted, although, it overrides the existing ones.