- SandraAPSAAsked on January 20, 2015 at 05:26 PM
- SandraAPSAAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 05:27 PM
I am trying to create a student scholarship. I want to be able to create separate access for multiple teachers to submit recommendation letter and have the letters uploaded or attached to the students applications.
I will have over 100 applications and I want to know if this is possible to create on Jot Form. It would be easier if someone talks me through the steps. I would greatly appreciate it. I
- BenAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 06:42 PM
Can you please tell us if the student applications would be added through the jotform, or do you already have them somewhere and just want to use jotform to attach letters of recommendation to them?
- SandraAPSAAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 07:01 PM
Through the student applications on jotform, the teachers will be notified to submit the recommendation letter. I want to populate the students names on teachers forms and attached the submitted letters to the students application.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 09:49 PM
I am sorry if I need to ask for more details. I could not seem to understand which forms these are on your account.
I only assume this is the Student's form http://www.jotform.us/form/50117635225145
But I could not determine the would be Teacher's form counterpart. Can you please tell us the URL.
And just to reiterate on my understanding of the requirement.
You wanted the data from Student's form (the Name data I assume), passed on to the Teacher's form...
After which, what should still happen?
We will wait for your updated response.
- SandraAPSAAnswered on January 20, 2015 at 10:13 PM
Here is the teachers form: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/50198097775974
How can I link the students form to the teachers form including populating the students name on the form, if possible.
If I can not populate the students name on the form, how can i just link the teachers submitted form to the students application. That is more important for me. I can send the teachers the link above, but when the teachers enter the students name I want to link their form to the students application.
I am pressed for time as I want to open the applications on Monday.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 21, 2015 at 12:08 AM
You can do the pre-population of field from one form to another.
You can use the custom Redirect URL on submission to populate the next form with data from previous form. In your case this is the Student form to the Teacher's form.
Please test the demo form here by submitting the
Student jotform : http://www.jotformpro.com/form/50198403675964
when you submit the Student form it will populate the full name fields and email field in the
Teacher jotform: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/50199045079965
The custom Thank You URL I used in the Student form is like this
when the Teacher form is loaded, it will have value like this
Please let us know if this solution fits your requirement and if you need further assistance.
- SandraAPSAAnswered on January 21, 2015 at 01:19 AM
No.. This is not what I want to do.
I will explain further.
I will have 100 students fill out the scholarship application form. I added a field to the application for the students to include the recommender's email address. Once the students submits the application, an auto response email is sent to the recommender's email address to complete the recommendations form and to upload the recommendation letter.
Two things I want to do, if possible
1) Prepopulate the students name(who have already submitted an application) to the teachers recommendation form. Two different people are submitting forms:1-student, submitting the applications 2-the teacher, submitting the recommendation form for the application
2) I also want to upload the teachers recommendation letter or attached it to the field in the students application under Recommendation letter.
Are these things possible?
Since I will have many students submitting in applications, and separately, many teachers (double the number - 2 recommendation letter per student) will submit recommendation letters how can I connect or link the two forms.
Your solution works only me if I , the creator of the forms, was submitting both forms. I am not. Any other suggestions you can offer will be very helpful.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 21, 2015 at 05:04 AM
Thank you for providing more details.
The way I understand it, I think what you need is this
This will allow the Email of the recommender's receive the Edit_Link. What the Edit_Link does is, it allows the user to EDIT the existing submission on the form.
1. Student fill in the Application Form (putting their name to it)
2. Upon form submission, an Autoresponder email will be sent to the recommender's Email
3. The Recommder will be able to continue/complete/edit the previously submitted form by the Student
If you also do the 1st solution I suggested, it will auto populate the Teacher's form.
1. The teacher will also submit now the form.
2. The recommender can also receive the Autoresponder Email from the Teacher's form.
3. The recommender can gain use the Edit_Link to update/modify/continue the application submitted by the Teacher.
Maybe you do not need 2 separate forms anymore. How about if you just combine the 2 Form and do multiple step submission.
1. Student submits the form
2. Teacher receive the form. Use Edit_Link to update the application.
3. Teacher submits the form
4. The recommender received the form. Use Edit_Link to update/modify the application.
5. Finally submit the form.
Please let us know if this help or if you need further assistance.
- SandraAPSAAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 10:57 AM
Thank you. I do not want teachers to have access to the students scholarship application.
I believe the "edit LInk" function give them that access.
i am not sure I understand how to populate the recommenders forms to the students and attached the recommender's letter of recommendation to the students form.
- BenAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 12:12 PM
To do this the approach is similar to what my colleague Jonathan had already mentioned - over email, but we will do it a bit differently, based on your update.
I would also like to state at the start, that unless the teachers have access to the student's jotform, they would not be able to upload the file to it.
Now, from what I saw above you will need to pass:
1. students first name
2. students last name
3. the school they attend
4. student's emai
I have an idea how to do this and would be happy to create a sample for you, but would require a bit of time. I will update you on this thread as soon as it is finished.
- SandraAPSAAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 01:03 PM
What do you mean " you will need to pass"
Thank you for your help.
- BenAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 02:11 PM
Not a problem :)
By pass I meant that you would need to have that data from students form filled out in the teachers form.
So once student clicks on submit and the teacher opens the jotform that was sent to him he will see the next fields already filled out:
1. students first name
2. students last name
3. the school they attend
4. student's email