IPKFacilitatorAnswered on March 23, 2023 11:26 AM
Hi, I'm looking for an online survey tool, which allows me to arrange questions in a table grid.
The idea is that every person answering the survey is presented with the entire grid and answers all the questions in one submission.
So it is not that every row corresponds to one submission as many tools would.
Can I do this in Jotform? Basically, can I freely design a table and then add questions to the cells?
Kim JotForm SupportAnswered on March 23, 2023 11:57 AM
Thanks for reaching out to Jotform support and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If I understand your concern correctly, you wanted to have a table on a form then make the table visible for multiple user at the same time while answering it? If so, it is not possible to make the changes or answer a form with multiple user in the same submission. While the feature you’re looking for isn’t currently available, rest assured we’re always working to add new services and features to Jotform.
While the feature you’re looking for isn’t currently available, rest assured we’re always working to add new services and features to Jotform.
Thanks for your patience and understanding, we appreciate it.
IPKFacilitatorAnswered on March 23, 2023 12:39 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I think I might have been unclear. I would like my form to be a single page.
On that page, there is a table grid. In the first column, there is simple text, and in the 2nd and 3rd columns there is a question (could be a text box, a dropdown, radio buttons, a checkbox, ...).
So if I have 10 rows, I'll have 20 questions.
Every visitor will be presented the page with the table, answer all 20 questions, and submit them.
Visitors will not respond concurrently.
I hope I explained it more clearly?
Anna JotForm SupportAnswered on March 23, 2023 02:08 PM
Thanks for getting back to us. You can try using the Input Table element, this field can let you collect multiple types of data in a single form field. Check out the screencast below for the result:
You can check out these related guides for more information:
- How to Set Different Input Types in an Input Table
- Calculate Values in the Input Table Through Condition
- How to Perform Form Calculation in the Input Table Element
You can also clone this demo form if you want to test it, you can refer to this guide on How to Clone an Existing Form From a URL.
Give it a try and let us know if you have any other questions.
IPKFacilitatorAnswered on March 24, 2023 06:12 AM
excellent, that's exactly what I was looking for.
- If I put a dropdown into a column, can I set a default value?
- Can I change the column width - in particular of the 1st column with the row description?
Lorelie JotForm SupportAnswered on March 24, 2023 06:49 AM
Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately, there is no way to set default values in dropdown fields in the Input table. But you can copy the value of a field using conditions to a textbox field or numeric textbox field in your input table field and use it as a default value. You might also want to check out this guide about Calculate Values in the Input Table Through Condition.
As for the question about the column width of your input table. We can change it by injecting a CSS code in your form. Can you send me the link to your form so we can take a look at it for you and please give us more details of the preferred width size of your column.
Once we hear back from you, we'll be able to help you with this.
jrantoniopaulAnswered on March 24, 2023 10:43 AMSure, here are a few online survey tools that allow you to arrange questions in a table grid:
- SurveyMonkey: SurveyMonkey is a popular online survey tool that allows you to create surveys with a variety of question types, including grid questions. You can customize the grid layout to match your specific needs, and the tool also provides analytics and reporting features.
- Google Forms: Google Forms is a free online survey tool that allows you to create simple surveys with a variety of question types, including grid questions. The tool is easy to use, and the data is automatically collected and stored in a Google Sheets spreadsheet.
- Typeform: Typeform is an online survey tool that allows you to create visually appealing surveys with a variety of question types, including grid questions. The tool provides customization options for the grid layout, and also offers analytics and reporting features.
- Qualtrics: Qualtrics is a powerful survey tool that allows you to create complex surveys with a variety of question types, including grid questions. The tool provides advanced customization options for the grid layout, and also offers advanced analytics and reporting features.
Marvin_J Jotform SupportAnswered on March 24, 2023 10:49 AM
Thanks for reaching out to Jotform Support. To avoid the confusion, I moved your question to a new thread and helped you with that here.
Reach out again if there’s anything else we can help you with.