- mavamanitobaAsked on January 22, 2015 at 12:44 PM
- raulAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 03:44 PM
If I understand correctly you want to export a JotForm into a fillable PDF file. Is that correct?
If so, unfortunately we don't have a feature that can be used for this purpose. You can share a PDF link with your users, but it will be in order to allow them to download a copy of the information they entered in a PDF file.
If you have further questions, please let us know.
- capitalresortsAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 05:05 PM
You can do this through a few other web services. If I understand your question and you want your forms to automatically populate data into a pre-designed PDF with text fields.
There are three components to this process:
1. Jotform - Data entered into form fields
2. Webmerge - This is where your PDF file lives and where you can route where the PDF goes once created (i.e. email, dropbox, SFTP folder, etc)
3. Zapier - This service is the connection between the two. It connects to your Jotform and Webmerge accounts and this is where you tell it that "Name" form field gets input into "Name" field on the PDF within Webmerge.
It takes some time to set up, but I have successfully used this workflow to produce an extremely complicated process that generates 7 different credit applications at once when a client fills out a single web form through JotForm. You can also set up conditions within Webmerge to send documents to different output locations based on criteria that the customer fills out in your form.
- raulAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 06:16 PM
Thank you for your input @capitalresorts.
We appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us.
I'm sure it will be beneficial for a lot of people.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 17, 2015 at 01:56 AM
We are very pleased to inform you that we have just released a Fillable PDF Form Creator. You can now export your forms into a fillable PDF form.
Please try it and let us know your feedback.