- SMocekAsked on January 22, 2015 at 05:32 PM
We run a seminar yearly the people can register for via our web form. They register individually and submit for payment to PayPal. There are some organizations that have multiple people attending and would like to submit registration for multiple people and then only after all the individuals information is entered do they submit for payment to PayPal.
As an example, one person registering would register as one person for $70. In another case, one person would be submitting the registration for three people. They would enter each person's information and then would be able to submit one payment to PayPal for $210.
Is this possible to do? If so , I'd like some guidance on how to do it. Thanks
- raulAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 07:28 PM
I'm not sure if I understand your question completely.
Could you please let us know if the registering would be completed at different times? I mean, if a person register 3 people do you want to allow him/her to enter the data for the first person today, the second person tomorrow and so, for example?
If this is correct, you could enable your form to be saved in order to continue to fill it at a later time. We have 2 methods you can use to accomplish this:
1. Save and Continue: This method uses session variables to keep the saved data, in order to make it work you need to create 2 forms. One that will be used to create the session variable and another one with page breaks that will be used to capture the information.
If you use any of the methods above, the payment can be completed when all people information is entered in the form.
If you're referring to something else, please let us know.
- SMocekAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 07:52 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. The form we use allows one person at a time to register and pay through PayPal. What we run into more and more is a company may have something like three employees attending. They then tell an assistant to register these three employees at the same time using the company credit card.
As we are now, the secretary has to submit a payment individually for each employee and submit payment one at a time. What they would like to do is enable that person to enter each individuals registration information and when that is done, submit to PayPal only once for all three people to be registered and paid. So yes, this would be for multiple people at the same time.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 11:37 PM
If I understand your question correctly, you need to just add quantity option in your payment question.
Once the quantity option is added in payment form, user will be able to select for how many people he want to make the payment and the amount will be multiplied automatically. The following guide should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/225-How-to-add-options-to-Payment-Forms
If you want to also collect the registration information separately as well for the number of person for which you want to make payment, there are two option available to achieve this:
1. You should duplicate the fields to capture the registration information and show / hide them by taking advantage of our "Condition" feature.
2. Instead of duplicating fields and adding conditions, you can add "Configurable List" widget in your form. Users will be able to add new two and add the registration information.
Do get back to us if you want us to create a demo for you or let us know on which form of yours you want to implement this, we will surely help you.
- SMocekAnswered on January 22, 2015 at 11:42 PM
Thanks very much. I'll need to read the guide that you mentioned. You've given me some good direction here, so I'm going to see what I can come up with. I'll certainly let you know if I need further assistance like a demo. Thanks again!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 23, 2015 at 01:10 AM
You are welcome.
Not a problem. Do check the guides and get back to us if you have any questions.