- parrotheadAsked on January 23, 2015 at 04:45 PM
I am creating a registration form, I want to limit the number of people that can select an option and once the option is no longer available I'd like to display the available options.
The form will allow people to register to ride a boat, which has a limited number of seats at a specific time (i.e. boat 1 has 30 seats and will depart at 11 am, boat 2 has 30 seats and will depart at 1 pm)
Can I allow people to pick either until one of them is unavailable? Once a boat is filled it no longer allows people to submit and shows the other boat as available.
I have included the URL but have not created this option yet nor have I built any logic in to the site - it's just a working shell.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 23, 2015 at 06:44 PM
There are 3 possible solutions I could think of, it's either
1. I think this widget will be useful to you. It's called Gift Registry, it allows you to limit number of options. Options will automatically subtract once it's selected and the form is submitted. http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/gift_registry
2. If you want a reservation type where user can pick a section, you can generate a visual reservation form using this app. http://reservation.jotform.io/
3. Limit your form submissions http://www.jotform.com/help/137-How-to-Limit-Submissions-in-a-Form.
Let us know should you have further questions. Thank you!