JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Will JotForm meet these specifications?Asked by Anita Mitchell on January 24, 2015 at 10:53 AM
Every year during the Lenten season, the Knights of Columbus Council (a Catholic, family, fraternal service organization) at my church runs a weekly Fish Fry. The Fish Fry is held 8 times over a 7-week period. During each 3-hour Fish Fry, between 1,200 and 1,450 meals are served. As you can imagine, we are extremely busy during that 3-hour window.
One of my volunteer jobs is to do accounting of each meal served. From 5 pm until around midnight each evening, I manually tabulate orders placed via 600 - 800 paper meal tickets, and enter this data into an Excel spreadsheet. Obviously, this process is very labor-intensive. The KofC council purchased Android tablets and use Square to accept credit card payments.
1. If I create a JotForm, can it handle a large volume (e.g. 800+ forms created in a 3-hour window)? If yes, which pricing package would you recommend for use by 3 Order Takers and 1 Manager/Accountant?
2. After a meal order is placed, a Print button is needed to immediately send that meal ticket to a network printer. If the form is accessed via an Android tablet, does JotForm have the capability to send a completed form to a printer?
3. If I use JotForm to create a form, how do the Order Takers access that form via the Android tablet? Can it be accessed via the JotForm site or do we need our own website/URL to publish and then access this form?
4. Does JotForm have plans to integrate with Square to accept payments?
Thank you for contacting us. Allow me to answer your questions to this thread.
1. Yes, Jotform can handle that large number of data. Simultaneous submission will do. If you will reach 1000 submission in just a span of three (3) hours, I would suggest using our Economy Plan. It allows you to receive up to 10, 000 submissions per month. You cannot go for Premium which will allow you to receive up 1, 000 submissions per month since you need the form in 8 sessions, 800 submissions per day x 8 sessions per week is 6400.
Check our pricing page for the limit comparison: http://www.jotform.com/pricing.
2. Unfortunately, we don't have this feature. A workaround would be to print the entry after you receive it via email. Or, integrate the form to 3rd party services like Dropbox to get a PDF file of a submission directly to your computer. You will have to install Dropbox to your network computer.
3. You can share the direct form URL. You don't need to have a website in order to access the form, you can access it using the direct URL. Just click "Preview" button while in the form builder to get the form URL.
4. I'm not sure, but I can send this to our developers as a feature request. But would need to do it into a separate thread.
I hope that answers your questions. If you have a follow-up questions, don't hesitate to let us know through this thread.