zachharman8031Answered on March 29, 2023 11:33 AM
I have redesigned our aprovals however now when there is the same condition for multiple approvers only one gets it, this use to work fine that when one or the other approved something it would complete. please advise how we can do this.
Waqas JotForm SupportAnswered on March 29, 2023 01:13 PM
Thanks for reaching out to Jotform support. If I understood what you’re asking, do you want to send approvals to multiple recipients and have the approval flow complete if one person selects approved or deny? If so, yes you can do this. Let me show you:
- Go to your approval flow.
- Click on the Cogwheel to open approval settings.
- Add multiple emails to your flow under the approvers.
- Under the approval option select "Require response from one person".
Check out my screencast below:
If that’s not exactly what you’re looking for, can you explain a bit more so I can help you better?
zachharman8031Answered on March 29, 2023 04:06 PM
Yes however the reply to email then can only be to one person, can the reply to email be set to whoever approves it?
Mightor JotForm SupportAnswered on March 29, 2023 08:52 PM
Thanks for getting back to us. I checked your Approval Flow and you've already changed all of the Email elements Reply-To to the respective approver's email address. When the user replies to the approval email, it will be sent to the person who approved the form.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
Gabriela JotForm SupportAnswered on April 25, 2023 06:35 AM
Thanks for using Jotform. We’re excited to announce that we’ve implemented the Group Approval feature in Approvals. It’s really easy to Set That Up. Let me walk you through it:
1. In Approvals, click on the Approval element.
2. Click on the Gear icon on the right side of the element.
3. In the menu that opens on the right side of your screen, you'll see the General settings.
4. In the box below Approvers, enter the email addresses or team names.
5. In the Drop-down menu below Completion Rule, select one of the following:
- Require response from majority: Approver responses are collected until the majority of responses received. If there is a tie, the first response with the majority is used.
- Require response from all: When all of the approvers have responded, the workflow will proceed using the outcome with the majority of responses. In the case of a tie, the majority outcome with the first response is used.
- Require a certain number of responses: Approver responses are collected until the required number of responses is received. If there is a tie, the first response with the majority is used.
- Require response from one person: The workflow will proceed using the outcome from the first response.
Keep in mind that it’s also possible to add teams in the Approvers so you don’t need to add the email address for each team member.
Let us know if you have any questions or need any other help.
zachharman8031Answered on April 26, 2023 01:05 PM?The new tools do not address the reply to email. so if we allow one approver and they hit reply it will go to only one email.
Zachary L Harman (RT) R
RIS / IT administrator
Office: 1-833-674-3926 EXT 1000
Linnea_A Jotform SupportAnswered on April 26, 2023 01:24 PM
I'm sorry for the confusion. We have launched a new group approval feature, and so we're circling back to threads related to the topic to let users know this is now available. So Gabriela's reply wasn't meant as a specific reply to your question. What Might said in the original reply to you stands: your setup already will result in the email going to the person who approved the form.
If you have any more questions, contact us again.