- georgebAsked on January 24, 2015 at 09:35 PM
I just built a form, and at the bottom, I put a Paypal option at the bottom, so when someone clicks submit, it redirects them to Paypal, so they can pay me.
My question is, once they complete the payment transaction, does the form then send the data they filled out to my email?
- BenAnswered on January 25, 2015 at 04:09 AM
That would depend on your email setup.
Here are the steps:
1. When someone submits the jotform, they are taken to the PayPal to make the payment.
2. This creates the incomplete payment entry in your submissions
3. Once they make the payment the incomplete payment created in the step 2 is moved into the submissions.
4. Email is sent to you to notify you of the payment, with the details that you have included.
You could set it all up to get email notifications even if the payment is not created.
These are relevant guides that will give you a better insight into PayPal and payments:
Do let us know if you have any additional question as you go through the guides and we would be happy to answer them. :)
- georgebAnswered on January 25, 2015 at 01:59 PM
So, if I understand correctly, once they complete the payment, it will then send the submission form to me?
Here is one of the forms that I created https://secure.jotform.us/form/50238048616151
I used the first "Paypal" option on the bottom.
- ShadaeAnswered on January 25, 2015 at 05:19 PM
That is correct, the default setting means that you will receive your submission email notifications once your users have completed the payment on PayPal.
If you user completes your form and does not submit a payment it will be counted as an incomplete payment and no notification would be sent out.
I hope this helps, please inform us if you need further assistance.