- conveychurchmediaAsked on January 26, 2015 at 06:22 PM
I run the form on: http://fast-quote-app.com/get-a-quote/
I would like to be able to make it so that the user only types his name in the first time that they use the form field "Name of Real Estate Agent." After they use the form the first time I would like it to auto populate with what they previously filled in the next time they are using the form in that field.
1. Is there a way to do this using your platform?
2. If not, Is there a way to get the html/css/php files for this specific form so that I can send it to a developer to have him help me cache the answers?
I look forward to your reply.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 26, 2015 at 09:53 PM
You can achieve that by following the method described on this 2 user guides:
1. Auto fill: You can enable auto fill setting of your form which will save the form input data every few seconds. If the browser's cache is cleared , it will not populate the form field. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/227-How-to-Enable-Auto-Fill-Feature
Also, if you want to download the full source code of your form, please check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/104-How-to-get-the-Full-Source-Code-of-your-Form
- conveychurchmediaAnswered on January 29, 2015 at 06:21 PM
Thank you for your timely response. I still have a question though.
I have set the form using this functionality...
1. Auto fill: You can enable auto fill setting of your form which will save the form input data every few seconds. If the browser's cache is cleared , it will not populate the form field. The following guide should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/227-How-to-Enable-Auto-Fill-Feature
However, I only want to auto fill the first question. The rest of the form answers I do not want to auto fill. Is there a to only auto fill one of the form fields? I only want the users name to auto fill.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 29, 2015 at 09:00 PM
It is not possible to set the Auto fill feature just to a specific field, this feature saves in cache all the form fields. Have you considered Prepopulating fields to your JotForm via URL parameters?
Also you could save the prepopulated URL in an autoresponder:
Here is my example form: http://form.jotform.co/form/40324712991857
So, in this way the submitter will receive the an autoresponder email, with the link to the form that will prepopulate his name next time.
Besides that, I do not think there is a way to autosave in cache only a specific field data with the current features, I guess that would required downloading the source code to do some custom programming to accomplish that.