Language Translation not saving all translated fields

  • Profile Image
    brdftch
    Asked on January 27, 2015 at 01:03 PM

    I am trying to translate my form to Spanish.  When I select the language, I have to go in and type in all the questions from the form in Spanish on each section.  After I type in the translation for that section, I hit save and the box disappears.  When I finish translating all the fields and click save, nothing happens and it does not save.  Can someone help me?  I have done this two time already with the same result.  New language not being saved.  I have even set the new language as the default and nothing.

  • Profile Image
    Ben
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 02:30 PM

    Can you please tell us if there are / is a specific field that does not accept the translation? If so which one is it and what is the Spanish translation that you were looking to add into it?

  • Profile Image
    brdftch
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 02:37 PM

    I am doing the entire form.  Each field will allow me to go in and type the translation and when I click save the box closes.  Once I have done all fields and clear the error messages and click save it doesn't do anything.  I have tried it twice and the second time I set default to Spanish but it still didn't save.

  • Profile Image
    Ben
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 03:49 PM

    OK, thank you for additional details, I would however like to ask you if you could do something, which would require a few steps to take, but will help us identify the field in question.

    - translate all non Text fields and then save and check if the translations were applied properly or not.

    If not, then please add all of the fields one by one and by this I mean adding one, then saving it and checking if it works (I recommend having the jotform opened in another tab so that you can simply refresh it).

    I know that this might be tedious which is why I suggest first trying to translate all non Text field fields.

    Now if you got it working and only text fields are left unchanged, I would suggest changing them one by one, and again as mentioned above, to save after each one added.

    You should quickly notice which one does not want to be saved.

    Note: In order to do this with as much ease as possible I recommend opening a simple text editor, such as notepad that would allow you to hold the translations so that you can just copy paste them and in case it does not work, you can just copy paste it to us so that we can check this for you.

    Do let us know how it goes.

  • Profile Image
    brdftch
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 04:05 PM

    I just tried what you suggested and nothing saves at all.  It simply will not save any translations.

  • Profile Image
    brdftch
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 04:52 PM

    Ben, I discovered it wasn't saving in mozilla firefox but I just tried in internet explorer and it saved.  So there is an incompatibility with FireFox.  The only issue in explorer is that is will not allow me to copy and paste from word or wordpad.

  • Profile Image
    Ben
    Answered on January 27, 2015 at 06:02 PM

    OK, thank you for the update. It seems to be caused by the cache in your Firefox browser then. I would however personally suggest using Chrome or Firefox over IE any time.

    Now in regards to the issue, I am glad that you were able to translate all fields and that it is working for you now. In regards to the copy paste, all editors that are not just simple and plain text editors add HTML code with the text, so it might seem that the text is not being added, while some HTML codes are - not allowing you to save, or simply not allowing you to paste it.

    This is why I would suggest using a notepad or any other such plain text editor.

  • Profile Image
    brdftch
    Answered on January 29, 2015 at 05:44 PM

    It is still not working.  There are certain fields that will not save even though it shows it does. This is what I have tried so far.

    I have tried used, firefox, chrome, internet explorer from a pc.  None of them work.  Then I used safari on my Mac... didn't work.  I have deleted the fields and created new ones, doesn't work.  Then some of the fields that initially did work and saved are now reverted to English.

    There is a problem on JotForms end and I would appreciate it if this could be escalated to the programmers.

     

     

  • Profile Image
    EltonCris
    Answered on January 29, 2015 at 10:52 PM

    Thanks for your reply.

    I was able to reproduce the problem when I cloned your form. I will now forward this to our developers for further investigation.

    Screencast of the issue: https://shots.jotform.com/elton/Screencast_11-50_30-01-2015.mp4 

    If possible, try deleting the field that is not translating and then try it again. That might somehow help for now.

    You will be informed here for any updates. Thank you!

     

  • Profile Image
    abaccegafastbooking
    Answered on February 02, 2015 at 04:59 AM

    I'm also suffering this issue. Using chrome :)
  • Profile Image
    Ben
    Answered on February 02, 2015 at 07:48 AM

    @abaccegafastbooking I have moved your reply to a new thread where we will help you check and raise the issue to our developers just as we did here for brdftch. This will allow us to see the extent of the issue and help us better understand it.

    We will be replying back to you on your thread here http://www.jotform.com/answers/507876 shortly.

    Thank you.