JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
You are right. The "Number of column" drop down does not seems to be there anymore. I am not sure if this is intentional but let me report it to our back end team. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update form them.
its still not there.
I'm checking the status of the ticket but it is still marked as "Opened" which means the bug has not yet been resolved. If you need help on styling or making multiple columns on your form, I would advise that you open a new thread on it for us to better assist you.
This is still broken...
I believe the option "Enable form columns" shows when you shrink fields, here's a guide that you can refer to: http://www.jotform.com/help/90-Form-Field-Positioning
However, I see this thread is still opened and assigned to one of our developers. To better assist you, I would recommend opening your own thread with the details of your concern. Please click here to open one.
Thank you for understanding.
i think this is the default state of the column layout checkbox & spinner in the form designer.
JotForm Support Charlie gave the same answer as Egeg for the similar ticket i opened on October 01, 2015 at 09:46 AM:
"Hi there, Form Columns option is only shown when there is a shrink'ed field in the form currently."
suggestions on how to remedy this:
* create a user guide tackling this (none available @ the user guide pages)
* let the column checkbox & spinner be made available as the default state (Feature Request)
- reason for the feature request: these are the numerous steps currently needed to be done for the column checkbox to appear:
1. create fields
2. shrink 1 or 2 fields
3. click form designer icon
4. click form layout tab
5. tick the Enable Form Columns checkbox (the number of columns spinner won't appear yet)
6. save the changes in form designer (still, the number of columns spinner won't appear yet)
7. click the close button to exit form designer
8. click the form designer icon again
9. click Form Layout tab
10. the Number of Columns spinner is now visible - select preferred option
11. click save icon
12. click close button. (then the column layout changes will be seen)
hoping for your consideration on this feature request.
Thank you for your suggestion.
Since a ticket is already open on this thread, I am moving your feature request to a new thread and you will be answered here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/680935