- midtownmetroAsked on January 29, 2015 at 12:36 PM
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on January 29, 2015 at 02:07 PM
We do not have such feature as of yet, however, I might come up with a workaround for this. Otherwise a feature request ticket should be opened.
- midtownmetroAnswered on January 29, 2015 at 02:18 PM
How do I set up a feature request? In the meantime, what would your work around be?Thanks!Chelsea
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on January 29, 2015 at 03:07 PM
Hello again Chelsea
It is possible to get donations as well as to set up subscriptions. However, the users are not able to choose the amount to be donated.
Therefore I was trying to setup a Form Calculation workaround.
Unfortunately it is not possible to use a custom calculation and then pass the calculated value the Subscription Payment form.
Calculated values can be passed when using the Collect Donations/Custom Amount Payment type of payment option.
Therefore, I've submitted a feature request ticket, you should get an update on this thread once this is implemented. However, I cannot give you an ETA of when this will be done by developers as they work on priority tasks.
- jonsan32Answered on April 08, 2015 at 02:39 PM
Anyways, I hope this becomes an option sooner rather than later. I'm currently just listing different prices on a page for people to choose from. Seems rather janky.
- jonsan32Answered on April 08, 2015 at 02:41 PMHere's a way to do it without jotform: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/get-started/create-recurring-donation-button
- jonsan32Answered on September 12, 2015 at 10:02 PM
I believe this question is answered HERE, but the solution seems fairly difficult. Can I get confirmation the method works before I start down this path? Thanks!
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on September 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM
As you can see in that thread, the user confirmed the solution provided by Welvin worked.
- jonsan32Answered on September 13, 2015 at 01:07 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was just checking to see if that was indeed the same question, as this question has been asked several times in different threads with the answer always being that it's currently impossible. The thread I've linked does have an answer, but both the question and answer supplied seemed incredibly difficult to understand.
I'll give it a go, but you'll continue to have my vote for this to be a standard feature of jotform down the road. If you can- by any chance - explain the answer more simply, I'd appreciate it a great deal. Have a great day either way. Thanks again!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 03, 2015 at 07:49 AM
@midtownmetro & @jonsan32
We have just implemented a feature called "variable pricing" for subscriptions. Using this feature, you can now collect recurring donations on your form.
Here's a sample form that demonstrates the said feature:
Please let us know if you have more questions or if you need help with the said feature.