- M732burkeAsked on February 02, 2015 at 10:25 AM
I want to do the revers...I want to store info in a spreadsheet (like Google sheet) and have the form pull data from the spreadsheet to populate the form.
I want to form employee data sheet template. For example, when I enter an employee name, I want the form to retrieve the employee number, hire date, and rank I've entered on a spreadsheet. How do I create a field that goes to a lookup table and gets the correct line/cell of data?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Integrate Form with Google Spreadsheet
- SeanAnswered on February 02, 2015 at 11:29 AM
If I am not mistaken, you would like the Google Spreadsheet Integration to work in a reverse manner where the information is not sent to the spreadsheet but pulled from the sheet and displayed on your form. I am afraid I did some checks on this and I was not able to locate any widget that supports this feature. I was not able to find any setting within the Google Spreadsheet Integration to support this feature also. The Google Spreadsheet Integration was specifically designed to send submitted information to a spreadsheet. I hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact us for further support if needed.
- ArnaultAnswered on February 09, 2015 at 02:07 PM
There is another way to do that!
Use your last column to pre-populate your form url:
If you need more jobs done, you can use zapier.com to do more :)
I also use the respond email to send a invitation email with the unique url to a client using the form for him the first time :)
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 09, 2015 at 03:13 PM
We do not have a current solution (either app or widget) to do the opposite, but this can be a good feature request for which I have opened a ticket.
Thank you for your input. Zapier is indeed a good option.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 11, 2015 at 01:49 PM
Here is the solution:
1. Download the Google Spreadsheet as CSV
2. You can then upload this CSV file to your form using import.jotform.io app:
- CharlieAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 02:23 PM
To better assist you, I went ahead and opened a separate thread for your concern, please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/answers/652785. We will address it shortly.
- dorsetholidayletsAnswered on September 29, 2016 at 06:17 PMHi back in February 2015 Jeanette suggested (see above) the feature to populate a form with data from a spreadsheet would be a good new feature request. Has anything be done to develop this. Even something simple like integrating the VLookup command in spreadsheet into Jotform to look up data should and fill the form would do it.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 30, 2016 at 02:13 AM
This seems to be an old thread. To better assist you and avoid any confusion, I have moved your question to a new thread. Please follow this link to view it: https://www.jotform.com/answers/946557. We shall answer your question there. Thank you.