- cocharlotteAsked on February 04, 2015 at 12:21 PM
Is it possible for the "State" field in address fields to be standardized so all entries conform to the two-letter state abbreviation (i.e. NC instead of North Carolina)?
Currently some users type NC while others type some variation, which makes the data incongruous.
- ShadaeAnswered on February 04, 2015 at 02:10 PM
Unfortunately it is not possible to edit the field to standardize the entry.
An option that you can use, is to remove the State field from your address field and replace it with a dropdown menu with the states.
1. Hide the state box in the address field.
2. Add the dropdown field. You can use the "Special" option to select either "US States" or "US States Abbr".
3. You can then use Custom CSS codes to hide the label and move the drop down field into the space where the state box was. The exact CSS code would depend on the field id for your state field.
You can view a sample form here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50345683493966
Please inform us if this is a suitable option for you.