- michaelcullenAsked on February 04, 2015 at 05:50 PM
I was very excited to see Google spreadsheet integration. So I have linked my form "New application"
to this google spreadsheet (which I have temporarily made public so you can see it):
I tested it with a submission today at 22.30 GMT titled "Testing Google Spreadsheet Integration"
Most of the fields came through to the google spreadsheet, but not all e.g. Submission Date, Type of Property, etc
1) Is it because I have renamed these fields in the Google Spreadsheet header row? If so is there any way to rename them (make them shorter) without breaking the feed?
2) Can I make the new submissions obey the Conditional Formatting rules I have set up in Google Spreadsheets?
3) If I edit a submission via My Jotforms, can I make it feed through to the google spreadsheet?
Thanks for any help you can provide!
- CarinaAnswered on February 04, 2015 at 07:05 PM
Indeed if you change the name of a header of your Google Spreadsheet integration it will stop receiving information. This because the name creates the link between the form and the spreadsheet:
A workaround might be adding a new row above, then add the desired headers to this new row:
Then select the original header row and then hide it:
Let us know if this is a solution for you.
- michaelcullenAnswered on February 05, 2015 at 04:48 AM
Yes thank you - that worked: adding a new header row beneath, writing my own titles, and then hiding the top row.
I think that also resolves my earlier question (3) about: If I edit a submission via My Jotforms, can I make it feed through to the google spreadsheet? Because my edits are now also feeding through fine.
I am now working on 2 small issues1) can I make the new submission appear at the top of the spreadsheet? I have resorted by Submission Date Z-A but all new submissions still appear at the bottom.2) I want the new submissions to match the formatting already set up for that column e.g. Wrap Text, Font Size etc
Any help with that appreciated, as always! My spreadsheet URL is now:
- JotForm SupportSeanAnswered on February 05, 2015 at 09:31 AM
I am glad that you got your issue resolved and I am more than happy to help out. We only handle one issue and all its related question per thread so I am afraid that I will have to transfer your latest inquiry to a new thread where it will be addressed in details. With this procedure our team will be better able to track and assist you with your issue. We will attend to your latest issue shortly.