- alegrefarmAsked on February 05, 2015 at 11:59 AM
I have a form. When I fill out the notification settings, I tried to make it to where the reply-to is the email address of whoever filled out the form. So when I reply to the notification email I would like for it to automatically reply to the user, but currently it does not. Is there a way I can make this happen? Thank you.
- CharlieAnswered on February 05, 2015 at 12:53 PM
This is because the notifier is not designed to do that. But, you can use an "auto-responder", with this you can setup the recipient email notification of form dedicated only to the one who fill out the form, here's a guide on that: http://www.jotform.com/help/26-Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder.
I hope this helps. Do let us know if you need more assistance on this.
- alegrefarmAnswered on February 06, 2015 at 09:45 AM
Thank you for your response. An autoresponder is helpful but unfortunately doesn't help with this specific issue. Is there a way to make the autoresponder send an email to myself with a way to place the user's email address as a reply-to? Thanks.
- CharlieAnswered on February 06, 2015 at 10:58 AM
I think I misunderstood your question at first, what you would like is to have the user's email to the "Reply-To" field in the notification, and you can easily reply on that email, is that right?
You can change the "Reply-To" field by follow the guide below.
1. Make sure to add an "E-mail" field where your user can input theirs.
2. In your email notification settings, you can set the "E-mail" field to be used in the "Reply-To Email" setting.
Try filling out your form, use your email address as if it was a user who is filling out the form, when you receive a notification reply to it and you should receive an email back to the email address you entered.
Let us know if this works.